LCX27C – GPS Not responding

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I’ve developed an issue with my LCX27. Every once in a while it loses the GPS signal. I have my e-tec hooked into my network as well, and when it loses GPS, it loses the motor stats as well. I know it isn’t the puck because my 520 in the bow is using the same puck and that one works just fine when the 27 loses it. It comes back on its own, but then will go away again later.

Any ideas as to what it may be?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

That’s a tough one. I guess I would try the 520 in the 27’s spot and see if it ever loses signal.
    If it doesn’t you can probably rule out a wiring/terminator issue.

With my engine interface I have to have the key turned
    on to get any readings on my LMF-200 gauge. Are you losing
    data while under power?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Dan,

Yes, I lose motor stats while under power. My first thought was network bus issues, but since the 520 never has an issue, and its all running on the same bus, I’m going to concentrate my efforts on the connection between the bus and the 27. If that doesn’t pan out, then I guess I’ll take a vacation day so I can call Lowrance.

The biggest problem is that it only happens periodically, so it is tough to trouble shoot.

MN Musky
    Ham Lake/Mille Lacs, Mn

my lcx20c does this as well. No rhyme or reason to when or how often. I seem to be able to fix it by unplugging and replugging. I have not tried any permanent fixes or questioned Lowrance about it. I saw a thread on a different site having similar problems after they performed an upgrade. I have never done an upgrade.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I did a software update when the most recent one was out of beta. I don’t believe the problem was there prior to the update. I did update my 520 as well, and that one doesn’t seem to do it. I wonder if the update for the 27 introduced this problem, or at least made it occur more often.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Maybe your gps puck is going? It isn’t like you pounded the bejesus out of it last week?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Maybe your gps puck is going? It isn’t like you pounded the bejesus out of it last week?

Kevin, do you read the post before you reply? The front one works fine, all the time, even when the console one is not reading. Since they both use the same puck, it isn’t the puck.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Easy on the catfisherman. They ride the short bus.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

I did a software update when the most recent one was out of beta. I don’t believe the problem was there prior to the update. I did update my 520 as well, and that one doesn’t seem to do it. I wonder if the update for the 27 introduced this problem, or at least made it occur more often.

Let me know if you want to try the 2.4.2 again. I can forward an e-mail from Lowrance.

PM your e-mail if you want it.

Dan

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I just ride them, I don’t know what makes them work. I know I’ve never ever lost my GPS and it cost $125.00. Short bus indeed.

Bassstick
    Johnsburg , IL. Fox Chain of lakes area

I have had the same issue with my LCX20c but seem to have solved it by wireing it direct to the battery as it seemed to lose signal to the GPS and /or the temp guage when other electrical draws started up or were running and affected the voltage getting to my unit intermittently. Taking the power supply off the buss and running direct to the battery making sure to keep the in-line fuse in use has so far solved the problem but I don’t like not being on the master power and/or accessory switch. I hope this helps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.