Lowrance 2.5 update available

• dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

This will get rid of that 2.4.2 Beta software warning you

get on start up.

Update list.

2.5 was released on 7/29/09.

There will be an HDS update in the next week or so.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

get on start up.

Update list.

Thanks for keeping us posted Dan!

jig_n_pig
    Balsam Lake Wisc.

Did the 2.5 update to my 520C on Friday and have used it in Shallow Water Mode for the past 4 days. All I can say is ‘WOW’ It really works great. I wish they would come out with the same update for my 332C. It needs the same help.
    Lowrance really did a good job on this. (so far).

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Guys I have a LCX38hd and a 28hd that were purchased with my boat in Feb. Should I be updating these two units with that 2.5 ? Thanks Glenn

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

get on start up.

Update list.

Dan

Thanks for posting the availability of Lowrance updates. I know I’ve benefitted from your posts on multiple occasions as I don’t have time to check the Lowrance site as often as I’d like… or need to do to keep my machines operating at their peak. Your efforts are definitely appreciated and I bet there’s a lot more guys out there that feel the same way.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Guys I have a LCX38hd and a 28hd that were purchased with my boat in Feb. Should I be updating these two units with that 2.5 ? Thanks Glenn

Glenn,

This is how you can tell if you have the most current software on your unit. I would suspect any unit manufactured or installed previous to 7/29/09 when the update was released would require the most current update.

How to see if your LCX-38C HD is already using version 2.5.0 software:

1. Press the MENU button twice on your LCX-38C HD.
    2. Select SYSTEM SETUP.
    3. Select SOFTWARE INFORMATION.
    4. The software version for your unit is located under the line that says “LCX-38C HD” (ex. “Version 2.5.0”).
    5. If your version is the same version listed above, there is no need to download the software.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Thanks T, I checked both my units and the 38 is the 2.3 version and my 28 is the 2.4 version. I’m not real good at this so bear with me. So how do you get these updates and install them ? Thanks alot Glenn

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Glenn,

Here are the directions from the Lowrance website. This is very easy to do. First step is purchase a MMC/SD card which are cheap, usually less than $25 and can be used for other uses and/or used many times over. You then need to download the update from the Lowrance site for your specific unit, you can use the link posted in earlier post from Dandorn to find this list of updates. You can only download one update at a time onto the MMC/SD card otherwise your unit might try installing the wrong update meant for another unit if there are multiple updates on the MMC/SD card. Once you get this process down it is really easy to do all the units at the same time. Just remember to erase the download or format the MMC/SD card after installing the update onto the unit since you have different models. Here are some instructions to install the update onto the unit from the MMC/SD card. I put the MMC/SD card into my laptop card slot, download the update onto the MMC/SD card then you put the MMC/SD card into the card slot on the first unit to update and follow the below instructions but its basically a plug and play install. It sounds like alot of steps but its very easy to repeat once you get the process down.

Installation Instructions

1. Make sure the MMC/SD card reader is properly connected to your computer (and, if necessary, that the drivers are installed).
    2. Insert an MMC/SD card with at least 8 MB of free space into the MMC/SD card reader.
    3. Click on the “Install This Update From the Web” link below to go to the installation web page.
    4. Wait for the Java web installer to download and run. Follow the Lowrance update installation instructions. If you are not sure about a step, just select the default choice. When the installer finishes you will prompted to click Finish to exit.
    5. Turn your Lowrance LCX-38C HD unit off.
    6. Place the MMC/SD card containing the updated operating software in the unit’s MMC/SD card tray.
    7. Turn your LCX-38C HD unit on. The software update will automatically install.

Good luck. Let us know if you have questions along the way.

Tim

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Thanks again T. I got on the Lowrance site and I’m pretty sure what to do. My only other question is where do you get these blank cards ? Are they something my Ranger dealer would have. Or Cabela’s,Bass Pro ? Thanks for all your help Glenn

bigpike

I bought mine at Walmart in the camera department…

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Thanks again T. I got on the Lowrance site and I’m pretty sure what to do. My only other question is where do you get these blank cards ? Are they something my Ranger dealer would have. Or Cabela’s,Bass Pro ? Thanks for all your help Glenn

You can get them at Walmart, Target, Best Buy or any computer or electronics store. 1 gig should be plenty for your use.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. Glenn

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. Glenn

You got it! That’s what this site is all about, I’ve learned more on IDO from it’s helpful members than all the “other” sites combined.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.