LMS 332C Update

• mkrakau
    Waukee, IA

Been trying to update my LMS-332C and can’t get the update to load. It says that it will happen automatically but nothing is happening and I can’t figure out how to start it manually.

I think that I got the update to the GPS done prior but can’t get the unit updates to work. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Also – anyone have experience with the Navionics computer maps? I’ve been loading my GPS points on GDM6 but it doesn’t have the contours. The Navionics seems like a cheap alternative to MapCreate – just thought I’d try to solicit some info. Thanks!

-Mark Krakau

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Check to make sure the update is making onto your SD card.

Also check to see if you’re not already running the most current software.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I had a similar issue, I ended up going to the sd card within the menu and the exicuting the update file that way, I found the instructions on lowrance’s site, pretty sure it was on the page I got the update from.

mkrakau
    Waukee, IA

The files are definitely on the SD card and was able to pull them up on the machine but couldn’t get them to start manually.

Nick – I cruised around on Lowrance’s site and couldn’t find the instructions. Any pointers on where to look? Thanks!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I would try the LGC-2000 update again as it looks as though

it needs to be updated before the unit will update.

Or try this with the 332 update:

Place the MMC/SD card containing the updated operating software in the unit’s MMC/SD card slot.

Press the MENU button twice, press the down arrow until “Browse MMC Files…” is highlighted, and then press the ENT button.

If you see a tab that says “Update”, then highlight the LGC2000_v190.luf file and press ENT. If you do not see a tab that says “Update”, then highlight the LGC2000_v190.luf file and press WPT five times.

Select the “Update” button on the screen and press ENT.

A progress bar should appear. Wait for the update to finish completely.

Restart the head unit.

Instead of seeing the update for the LGC-2000 you should

see it for the 332…………..hopefully.

mkrakau
    Waukee, IA

I’ll give that a try. Do you know if the GPS has to have a signal in order to update? I did the update in my garage and might have to pull it outside.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

I’ll give that a try. Do you know if the GPS has to have a signal in order to update? I did the update in my garage and might have to pull it outside.

It only states that it should be connected to the head unit and that both are powered properly.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yup, Dan’s post is what I used, I was posting from my phone when I posted that otherwise I normally provide links…

chris bristow
    Ham Lake, MN

I had similar problems updating my 332 and puck. I found a that my 332 has problems with certain SD cards, it just won’t read them or continues in a reboot mode. I used a different SD card and it worked great after following the Lowrance instructions exactly. Make sure to follow them exactly, when to have the head unit off etc.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

had the same problem. had to update the puck first and then do what dandorn said. I caught the sd card issue early in the process.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Can I ask why you are updating that unit, and what it does for it? I have the same one and when I asked Cabelas about doing it earlier this year they tols me if it aint broke don’t fix it. If this update makes it that much better I would definitely get it done myself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.