Lowrance 102C

• basscrack24

I have a problem with my 102C, went out yesterday and pluggeg the trandsucer wire into back of unit then the power cord. After a couple of seconds without pushing the on off button the unit powered up by itself. After that the backlight would constantly flash on and off. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong.

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

best to let some others respond cause might have an easier fix or answer. On my Lowrance 26HD that happened to me. Was told via Lowrance website to do a soft reboot. I did. Still didn’t fix it. Sent it back with check for $300. They sent me a refurbished one.

Did you check on their website? Might be some info or updates avail on it.

basscrack24

Ok, I havent been to there website yet. I always start here first, seem like everyone here is very helpful and knowledgeable.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I have a problem with my 102C, went out yesterday and pluggeg the trandsucer wire into back of unit then the power cord. After a couple of seconds without pushing the on off button the unit powered up by itself. After that the backlight would constantly flash on and off. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong.

Typically when I’ve seen a flickering / flashing screen like that on a Lowrance the issue is due to low voltage. Were you able to power your other electronics without issue? That’s the very first thing that jumps to mind.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

This has happened to me, if my batteries didn’t have a good charge.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

It seems to me that a Lowrance is like a woman, they are easy to operate as long as you have the right voltage

basscrack24

I did not notice any other problems, but will have to search for other loose connections. The battery had a full charge when the day started. Unless it was getting drawn down from some other source, I dont know why the voltage would be low. The odd thing was that besides the flickering the unit would start up by itself without pushing the on/off button.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.