Lowrance 520C GPS not working.

• Seth Larson
    Winfield, MO

I purchased a 520c 2 years ago last month. I took the boat out this weekend and the GPS unit no longer works. The main unit finds the gps but it can not find any sattelites. I went through the troubleshooting online and found that I am getting good power to the unit but not getting anything back out of it. The webpage said to contact customer service. I looked online and I see that a new GPS is $230. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any refurbish program with the factory? What is customer service going to say when I call them. By the way. I have to take time off work to call them because their hours are 8-5 monday – Friday. Talk about disappointing!

Thanks,
    Seth

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Do you have anyone that could borrow you their unit and hook up to your cables ? Or visa versa…that could tell you weather it’s your unit or your cables…

Seth Larson
    Winfield, MO

No one that I know of. This would be a perfect troubleshooting step. I may try to find someone via a local website. Thanks, Seth

gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

There should be a way to do a full “reset” or restore factory defaults. I don’t have my manual in front of me but check the manual.

Seth Larson
    Winfield, MO

I tried a full reset and it did not help. I also tried uploading the latest software from the webpage and that did not help.

Thanks,
    Seth

gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

Two things. If in the GPS setup you have the “WAAS required” button selected, the system will act like it can’t find any satelites.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Support/

Seth Larson
    Winfield, MO

I called Lowrance and they agreed that the GPS puck is bad. I had to send mine in and they are sending me a replacement for $112. Kind of expensive but I’ve got to have it.

Thanks for all the help!

Seth

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.