H20 question

• llong

I am thinking about buying a H20, after reading reviews of the product, someone wrote to wait until June to get the new version, is there any truth to Lowrance coming out with a newer model sometime this month?

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I dont know if there is any truth to a new version but I would strongly consider something eles. Ive been through 4 of them. Its nice because the chips work in the boat but overall ive been very unhappy with mine. The batterys will last about 10mins on 1 sec update. Add a cold 4 wheeler ride and its about 5min. Lowrance has been great with warranty issues but if it dosent work when you need it what good is it.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Yes, the new ones appear to be shipping the middle/end of this month.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Not sure what kind of shi77y batteries some are using but…

i would not think twice about buying one. got mine 4 years ago and still have the origional one, im pretty tough on it too. yes it will eat batteries faster when cold but what doesnt. when possible i use the cig lighter adapter and also bought a cig lighter female with batt clamps to use on the boat. have since upgraded to full size unit but still rely on the h20 for ice. even mounted it on my sled for navigation. the only recomandation i have is go with the h20c. costs more, eats a bit more power but is much faster and easier to see. deff woth the extra coin.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have the Expedition model H2O. Love it. Its been working flawlessly for 3 years. Use it in truck, boat and hunting. Lakemaster chips have worked great in it and the road maps on those chips are awsome. Great little tool!

The best way to combat battery drain is to use the cigarette lighter adapter whenever you can. just remember you must use the adapter for external power since it regulates the DC to a different voltage. Straight 12vdc will break it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.