Mapping chip for Lowrance

• bitzenguy
    ROCHESTER

Hello,
    I am looking for a map chip for a new Lowrance elite 5 HDI unit. I fish almost exclusively on Lake Pepin and the base map in the unit is ok, But would like to find a good used map card with some better detail. I have been searching craigslist and Ebay but I would trust one of the guys from this website more than the other two.
    Anyone with one to sell please contact me.
    Thank You

coxaaa
    Northern IA

A lot of guys, including me, use the navionics premium “north” chip. You’ll appreciate it on pepin, thats where I use it most.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

If I’m right (and I’ve been wrong before), the elite 5 uses Micro chips. Just make sure what ever chip you get, the micro chip seperates from the SD size card if that makes sense.

bitzenguy
    ROCHESTER

Mike,
    Yes you are correct. I need the Micro Sd card.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Beleive you have 2 options here.
    Navionics which I beleive all the lastest versions are micro inside SD, or the Lowrance Lake insight 2014 chip.
    These really are good chips (can’t comment on Lake Pepin but would think well mapped out) and know these have the Micro.
    Just a couple options.
    Good luck

KirtH
    Lakeville

I would re. Navionics + it gives more detail than Premium with the SonarCharts layer. Plus its improving daily thru sonar logs being submitted. Go to the Navionics website and here you can preview the mapping, be sure to click on the sonar icon on the lower left for the Sonar Charts layer http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.