Lakemaster/Lowrance GEN2 contour value error

• JohnWF
    La Crosse, WI

Last year I used 2 Lakemaster cards, one in an HDS-10 GEN2 & an the other in an HDS-7 Gen1 on Lake of the Woods. Replaced the HDS-7 GEN1 with an HDS-7 GEN2 and loaded the latest software this spring. Unit settings are in feet.

With the updated software in both GEN-2 units, the Lakemaster depth contours are off by a factor of approximately 3. 45′ is displayed as 148′; 50′ is displayed as 165′. Sampled many locations/depths and the error factor of 3 is always there. Get the same effect with either card.

Downloaded the software again and reloaded it in the HDS-10. Get the same error.

When I put either card back in the GEN1, the correct depths are displayed.

Anyone run into this issue and if so, what was the resolution.

I did send an email to Lowrance today. Will follow up with their response.

Thanks for any suggestions, worthwhile or humorous. Possible conspiracy? I am always up for a chuckle.

John

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

It is an impolite request for you to purchase a different chip.

JohnWF
    La Crosse, WI

Below is Lowrance’s response to my inquiry.

“Due to old mapping file formats in the Gen1 units we can not get a good comparison between a Gen1 and Gen2 units. We no longer support Lakemaster cards in the Gen2 units and therefore cannot troubleshoot issues as there is no way to do a fair comparison. The Lakemaster cards are coded in an old format that we just can’t support any longer”.

Dan, looks like you are spot-on, unless I can reload a previous software.

John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.