Networking LCX27, GM7200 and broadband?

• Auscam

Hi All,

Just stumbled across this forum in my search to learn more about a system I just brought and how I am going to hook it up.
    I have an LCX27, Globalmap 7200, broadband module, 2kw radar processor and a 2kw radar.
    I have the following leads: radar lead, radar processor ethernet cable, broadband power cable, RP power cable, GPS 3000 puck (not in photo). I also have power leads on order for both head units.

So a couple of questions-
    what cables do I still require to hook all of this up?

Are these systems NMEA 2000 compatible or do I need to utilise NMEA1083? I have been told I need the NMEA1083 power leads (which incorperate NMEA rather than through seperate NMEA leads as the 2000 has). Is this the case?

How would you go about hooking all of these up- particulaly through the broadband module?

A schematic or mud map would be great.

Cheers,

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I would go to lowrance.com and ask this question to them. they will tell you specifically what you need and most likely will be able to get you a picture too of the hook up.

Auscam

Yeah might be the go Dan but I have had dealings with Lowrance before so not really optomistic of getting good service- well not through the Australian rep Navico anyway.

NASA might be the backdoor in huh?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I couldn’t begin to tell you what to do with radar. Have never felt a need on a walleye boat. You might want to post questions on some of the great lakes fishing sites as a lot of the salmon boats run radar. Great Lakes Angler or Great Lakes Sport Fishing Council might be good options.

Auscam

Thanks for the replies. The radar hook up wasnt much of a concern- that looks fairly straight forward with a direct ethernet cable however the broadband module and the use of which NMEA system was causing most of my concerns.
    Thankfully I contacted Navico and they have been a great help so I recind my previous assertation that the service they provide is crap. Pleasently surprised.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.