Downloading of Data

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Hello-

I am going to be taking my data off an old Lowrance unit and putting it on a SD card. I ahve gone through the directions and downloaded the information to the card, based on the directions from the site.
    My questions is: without putting the SD card into a new unit, how do I know (or see) that I downloaded the information off the unit?

Thanks
    Dan

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Check it on your PC or the unit itself.

red89
    Hudson

If your computer has a SD card slot, you can plug it in then open it up and see if the file saved on the card.

If it shows up on your computer you should be good. Another thing I did was delete the data off my locator and then load it back on from the SD card to make sure it worked.

The only problem I am having is I cant get the file to load up on my dads humminbird. I downloaded a program called GPSBABEL to change the format from the lowrance .usr to hwr. but the humminbird doesn’t recognize it when I plug in the card. Supposedly the humminbird is just supposed to automatically download the file/waypoints.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

The only problem I am having is I cant get the file to load up on my dads humminbird. I downloaded a program called GPSBABEL to change the format from the lowrance .usr to hwr. but the humminbird doesn’t recognize it when I plug in the card. Supposedly the humminbird is just supposed to automatically download the file/waypoints.

I believe when exporting data from a HB its files/waypoints are lumped together in on file. At least thats what I see when I open the SD card on a computer. When exporting from a Lowrance, is each waypoint or track a file or a lumped together file?
    If individual, you may need to convert them to a .gpx file instead I think. I am not sure how the babble program works though because I am able to use my Navionics PC App to convert the files between my HB units and my Lowrance H2O handheld and it changes the file extensions automatically.

I’m sure there is a “how to” on youtube if all else fails! Good luck!

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

I retract my previous statement. I can’t convert using the Navionics PC App. Just tried it. I can however enter the cords into my HB PC app manually and it will put them on a chip to upload

inskom

I used Humminbird PC to get the Lowrance data onto a Humminbird. It was the simplest method for me.
    On your Lowrance, export all the data to the SD Card.
    Plug the card into your computer, and open the Humminbird PC program.
    Click on Import, and for file types select Lowrance.
    It should show your lowrance .usr file then. Import it, and you’re golden.
    Export the Humminbird PC file to the SD Card, and put it in your Humminbird depthfinder.
    Easy as pie! This method worked better for me than the Navionics PC program.
    For some reason, the Navionics program didn’t save the icon types with the waypoints, so they all lost their icon symbols. And none of the boat trails showed up either. I had no issues when I used the Humminbird PC program.
    Good luck

red89
    Hudson

sorry to hijack your post, but I tried installing the humminbird pc program from their website and all I get is some optimum installer thing that tries to download a bunch of junk to my computer. Any ideas?

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

No issues with the additional questions. I was able to load the sd catd onto my computer and see the info. Thank you.

Some times the simplest ideas are the best.

Thanks

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

If you want to actually view your waypoints and routes I think you ca still download a free Lowrance Emulator and use it to “pull up” your data on the computer. Does anyone still use these?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.