Lowrance GPS puck

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Hello-

I have two LMS480 that are connected together to one GPS puck. I have a spare LCX-19MT that I currently don’t have a puck for. The LMS480s are working perfectly Previsously I was able to splice my data cable on my LCX19 and connect it to the GPS puck that connected to my LCX15MT so that I could get GPS on both units running one GPS puck. I have since sold my lcx15 and the GPS puck and am looking for a cheaper option that buying a new GPS puck.

Since the data that is being transmitted is only coming through two data lines, would it be possible to splice the data line from the GPS and connect it to both devices like I was able to do previously?

I know that it would be easier to just buy a new GPS puck of for that manner a new unit all-together. (something I am considering too) If I can save a couple of bucks and another whole in my boat I would be happy.

thanks
    Dan

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

We know it will work for two,
    previous post,
    so I would call Lowrance and ask if it is possible to hook a third unit into the NMEA 0183 network.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

thanks, that post you included helped me in figuring out how to connect my two together.
    the Rub this time is that the GPS puck for me LMS-480 is different than my LCX19.

thanks

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I was going to ask if they used the same antenna.

What antenna do you need for the 19?

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

for the LCX19 it uses a LGC-12W or the LGC-12S.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.