• dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Thanks Corey!

Are you experiencing more surface clutter with the 4.0 than
    the 3.5 or is it just my setup?

Thanks!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I think there is a little more clutter on the 4.0 then my 3.5. When I am fishing deeper like 15-20′ I zoom in 1x so I don’t see the surface clutter. Gonna be nice to see what it does this weekend!

Greg Sieren

Thanks for advising on the 4.0 patch. I currently have 4.0.36.56 on mine and this patch is 4.0.36.59. I have expierenced some issues when running a four way split screen that the depth reading on the 2D screen will lock in at 3.5 feet when I am at 30 feet or greater. I also have had issues with the HDS going into a DIM mode out of the blue, only a power down and back up curing. Hopefully this patch will address some of these issues.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Thanks for advising on the 4.0 patch. I currently have 4.0.36.56 on mine and this patch is 4.0.36.59. I have expierenced some issues when running a four way split screen that the depth reading on the 2D screen will lock in at 3.5 feet when I am at 30 feet or greater. I also have had issues with the HDS going into a DIM mode out of the blue, only a power down and back up curing. Hopefully this patch will address some of these issues.

My 8 dimmed on me last week and after a power cycle it
    was back to normal. Hope that doesn’t happen again.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

On my old boat I had an HDS 8 as well with the 3.5 update and had a the dimming issue a few times. My buddy bought my bought and has also had it happen to him. I had it happen to my new 8 with 4.0 installed. Last night I was at his place and I downloaded the new update and put it in his and will do mine and my dads today. We’ll see what happens.

The only other issue I have which isnt a big deal and its on both of my dads and mine HDS 7’s is when running chart the contour lines blink at times and go fuzzy then blink back to normal.

Ken Sauret
    Paso Robles, California

When you go to the link that Corey posted above, go down that page and click on “release notes” and you can read the improvements that the patch made.

As for the intermittent dimming issue, I think it’s a keypad software issue not related to any update, 3.5 or 4.0. The keypad software is separate from the operating software and if this issue persists please call customer service.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

I have had the dimming issue as wellon my 8. Luckily a power off has seemed to reboot it to normal, but hope there can be a fix at some point.

Ken Sauret
    Paso Robles, California

My 8 and 10 will be dimmed when I take them out of Standby but after a 30 seconds or so they both come up to full brightness. Just a slight inconvenience for now, it’s time to fish. I’ll address sending them to Lowrance in the off season.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Thanks Corey!

Are you experiencing more surface clutter with the 4.0 than
    the 3.5 or is it just my setup?

Thanks!

I came across some interesting information in regards to auto sensitivity from the 3.5 to 4.0 software. If you had it set at 0 with the 3.5 update you will need to set it at -5 to -7 with the 4.0 update. I found that the 0 setting is in the upper 90% of sensitivity and the setting at -5 to -7 will bring the unit to 84 to 87%.

Ken Sauret
    Paso Robles, California

The engineers worked on the HDS units’ ability to read the return from the transducer in the 4.0 update. The units are now better set on Auto when it comes to sensitivity. Any settings you were used to using before 4.0 will not look the same as they did before.

This is to help the majority of fishermen since most guys use Auto Sensitivity anyway. So for those of us who really get into the fine tuning of these units to get the view we prefer, we need to set them on Auto Sensitivity, get used to that and make new adjustments from there based on personal preference.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.