lowrance transducer

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

I have a hds 9 gen 3 on my yar craft 2095BTX. The 2d transducer was put between the main motor and my vantage. Whenever I run my vantage I get a very broke up bottom line and it doesn’t read fish very well. When I don’t use my vantage it works perfect with a good bottom line and shows fish well. Do I need to move it to the other side of the boat? I was thinking that because the vantage is lower when deployed down it is causing interference. Or do I just need to adjust some setting? Just so you know what I have going on with the back of my boat I have a LSS structure scan on one of the boat and 2n on the other side. Here are some pictures of what I have going on with the vantage up and down. The white cord is just the cover strap.

Attachments:
    1. transducer.jpg

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

vantage up picture

Attachments:
    1. transducer1.jpg

walleyeguy000
    Rochester, MN

Is the depth finder power cord hooked to the same battery as the trolling motor? I had The same issue when my depth finder was on the trolling motor battery but when I switched it was fine. Just an idea.

Joe.

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

No it is not hooked up to the trolling motor battery. I also have a minnkota i pilot on the front and it works fine when running that. both electric motors are hooked up to the same batteries and the graphs are run to starting batteries.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I would move it to the other side. I am pretty sure that will cure your interference problem!

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

I moved the transducer and it still does the same thing. I can run my big motor in forward and reverse and it is closer to the transducer and it works perfect. I can deploy the vantage down but once I apply power in forward or reverse it makes the graph lose bottom and looks like I’m running on step. I have a video but it is to big to post. Any more ideas?

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

The left of the graph is with the vantage off the right is with it on. The big line in the middle is when I turned it on.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0965.png

CaptainMusky

Is your top pic with the vantage all the way down?

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Yes it is. I moved the transducer to the other side of the boat and still have the same problem. I brought it back for the dealership to fix this morning. I have not even had it a month and a half. It has not been right from the beginning and they need to fix it. Im thinking a power issue.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

How close are the vantage wires to the transducer cable or power wires to the graph? That can make a difference. Next would be to install a ferrite ring.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I agree with Skeeter, Power induces noise. A ferrite ring would help in this case.

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier. I brought it to the dealership and they put a different vantage on it and it works great. I have no idea why, but the new vantage solved the Problem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.