Lowrance Structure scan on MX 1825

• clawman
    Spokane Wa

Where did you mount your transducer? On the hull or the step?

Zach H

I had Skeeter Boat Center rig my structure scan on my MX and they mounted the transducer on the hull just above the step on the starboard side of the boat. I don’t have a picture handy but I could provide one once I get home.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

Joe Carlson mounted mine (MX2025) on the back of the step itself under the ladder and it has been perfect for 2 years. Does not stick out behind the boat so it is more protected.

clawman
    Spokane Wa

I had Skeeter Boat Center rig my structure scan on my MX and they mounted the transducer on the hull just above the step on the starboard side of the boat. I don’t have a picture handy but I could provide one once I get home.

That would be great to see if you don’t mind

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

Here’s a picture of mine(Humminbird transducer). WX1880

Attachments:
    1. IMAG0293.jpg

Zach H

Hope this helps. Sorry it took so long. Been putting in some long hours at work and completely forgot about then.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20141004_062145_068.jpg

2. IMG_20141004_062200_023.jpg

clawman
    Spokane Wa

Thanks Zach;
    At what speed do you lose signal due to being out of the water?

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

mine is mount below the step (mx2025 300) and I am able to keep signal to about 30-35 or when I start trimming. as long as motor is trimmed down it seems pretty good

Zach H

Not sure on exact speed, but if your running 30-35 mph your not picking up a very good image. The optimal speed for these things is 10mph or less. I like where SBC mounted this because it protects the transducer from getting struck by objects in the water and it reduces drag when running at WOT. I don’t think you can use this structure scan effectively at high speeds. I would think that this is the best place to mount this transducer. That’s only my opinion though. Hope this helps.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

I think I did not make it clear where mine is mounted it is mounted to the back side of the step, the only way something could hit it is in reverse, not impossible but unlikely. Additionally, I get what appears to be an accurate depth up to at least 35, but I in no way would say that gives you an accurate picture. If you consider the compression of the the reading you get at that high a speed, I would think that to be nearly impossible with the consumer quality equipment we are using. In the future that should become possible If some smart programmer decides to combine the GPS speed reading with the scroll rate on the data being collected and then allows you to decompress it for viewing based on the speed at which it was recorded. However, for now I do not believe the data is being collected at a rapid enough rate to allow for a very accurate view, it would most likely give you a very very sparse picture.

clawman
    Spokane Wa

I’m going to mount the transducer just above the drain plug.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.