Lowrance + Ghost

• fishingchallenged

Anyone here running the new Ghost trolling motor with the Lowrance graphs? I’m curious how good they work. Are they buggy? Or do they work as well as the Humminbird/Minnkota (which are not bug free)?

Any reviews available from IDO folks yet? Or too new..

Mr. Derek
    NULL

I have a ghost networked with a pair of carbon graphs. I have only had it for a little over a month. So far I like the trolling motor and the interface with the graphs works well. I haven’t had any issues with it being buggy yet but I don’t have that much time on it. The motor is very quite and powerful. The steering is responsive and I like the pedal. The spot lock is pretty impressive when there is current or wind. If it is fairly calm it hunts back and forth just like my xi5 did. They sent me an unreleased update that is supposed to help with that but I haven’t tried it yet. The built in hdi transducer is very clear and has little to no interference from the motor even at higher power settings.

The remote does not impress me. It has very limited function and does not work well for adjusting your heading lock which is one of the main reasons I bought it. It does work well for jogging while using the anchor function. The other thing that seems like a miss is the direction pointer on top of the head. I don’t need it when using the pedal but when you try to use the remote it is often not lined up very close with the motor and it lags and jumps.

I don’t have any experience with the latest ipilot minn kota motors so I can’t say how it compares.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I on the other hand do have the latest Ulterra Minnkota paired with the latest Solix units from Humminbird. I have little issues with the link system.

What I was really intrigued by the Lowrance offering in their trolling motor was a changeable sonar head when I was first learning about them months ago.

Are they also offering switchable voltage? Idk, maybe my memory is fuzzy, or a wish-able thinking item. Or it was considered but did not come to the final market version.

Mr. Derek
    NULL

I on the other hand do have the latest Ulterra Minnkota paired with the latest Solix units from Humminbird. I have little issues with the link system.

What I was really intrigued by the Lowrance offering in their trolling motor was a changeable sonar head when I was first learning about them months ago.

Are they also offering switchable voltage? Idk, maybe my memory is fuzzy, or a wish-able thinking item. Or it was considered but did not come to the final market version.

The new Garmin and Lowrance motors can operate on either 24v or 36v.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I thought so, thanks

fishingchallenged

I have a Terova with the Helix 10 networked and for the most part am quite happy. It was the marriage of the trolling motor to the graph that moved me off Lowrance. Before that I was a die hard Lowrance fan. Was excited to see Lowrance took the threat seriously and is making a run back into the game. With the price of these systems, we need a few competitors duking it out to keep the pricing in check.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.