Lowe/Tracker Versa Track T Bolts?

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Wondering if anyone has found a good place to purchase the T bolts that they use to hold items to the rail system. Several places (Railblaza,Brocraft)maybe more make the plates that hold rod holders and other items but wanted to see if I could just get the t bolts and make some of my own. I can get the knobs from ace hardware and can cut and drill aluminum angle for the brackets but cant find the T bolts. Has anyone made their own and what did you use if you did. Thanks

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

We use normal carriage bolts in my buddies Tracker with the Versa Track. Seems to hold just fine.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I sourced some t bolts for work from ‘yak attack’.

Stainless. Check em out. Might work for you. They’re aren’t many t-bolt options out there.

Good quality btw… I’ve had then submerged in water the past year.

Yak attack mighty bolt

leinieman

Tried carriage bolts and the square spot on the carriage bolt would stick out past the track so it would hit the aluminum plate before tightening. Tried grinding and filing it round then the carriage bolt would spin and not tighten. Maybe have to try some external tooth lock washer or something on the carriage bolt. Thanks for the replies. Will check out Yak

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Get a hold of HRG (Hot Runr Guy) he knows how to find all that stuff. Shoot him a PM.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I am not familiar with your exact application, but we use a lot of t slot nuts like from 80/20 or the many other providers these days. Its rare to need a t bolt, and typically not wise, because it leaves threads exposed for easy damage.

These are problems I solve everyday so Just trying to help.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200903-170222_Chrome.jpg

catnip
    south metro

i had a kowe and was able to get the guy at cabellas to order me some.

leinieman

Those T nuts look like they would work. I will have to look around and see if someone carry’s those. What I did was take 2 carriage bolts and filed the corners on the square part then put an external washer over it. Put both in the slot then used a large neoprene washer then my angled aluminum with rod holder and tightened the knobs. Think it will work good. I’ll get a pic later and try and post it.

leinieman

This is what the prototype looks like. Already had the rod holders just needed the brackets and they wanted 30 bucks roughly online. So about 7 bucks can make my own.

Attachments:
    1. 100_3761.jpg

2. 100_3758.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.