Looking out the office door

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

These things are everywhere in New Hope this year. Multiple big flocks. In the decade we’ve been at this location I’ve never seen so many poults.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20220818_173137111-scaled.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Vary cool James. I have a lot more around me then usual also.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Get your camo on and set out some decoys.LOL

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Get your camo on and set out some decoys. LOL

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Better eating than geese……

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just drove by a group of young ones on my road too.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

LOL its not hard to beat a goose in terms of palatability

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

There have been a lot of turkey and pheasant poults in Iowa as well as an increase in the number of fox i’ve been seeing. I just looked out my office window and there was a squirrel and someone smoking a cigarette. Not nearly the view you have there. jester rotflol

ThunderLund78

I know it’s primarily a fishing show but looks like a good opportunity for “Special Episode” has literally landed in your front yard! jester

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

I never went for the turkey at family thanksgivings, I’d feast on grandmas roasted goose..

Marinated goose breast on kabobs is yummy.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve been seeing a ton of poults this year too. Wonder if it’s a more productive year for some reason, or the population is just growing that much, but a good sign for the future!

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Not only are we seeing them like that we are also noticing them waaayy up north as well near Tenstrike.

WishIwasWiser

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

LOL its not hard to beat a goose in terms of palatability

That’s it!! I’m done with your complaining about turkeys not coming to your blind and when they finally do, you trash their culinary value. I’m inviting you to a wild turkey feast. Let’s get together and find some common ground. (Mostly ground pepper)

Jason

I would much rather have goose kabobs on the grill than a tuff old wild turkey.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That’s it!! I’m done with your complaining about turkeys not coming to your blind and when they finally do, you trash their culinary value. I’m inviting you to a wild turkey feast. Let’s get together and find some common ground. (Mostly ground pepper)

Hahaha. Wild turkey isn’t terrible. It just isn’t that good either. It’s just blah.

Goose, on the other hand…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>WishIwasWiser wrote:</div>

Hahaha. Wild turkey isn’t terrible. It just isn’t that good either. It’s just blah.

Goose, on the other hand…

I’m thinking your chef game might not be that strong. Both geese and turkey is delicious

ganderpike
    Alexandria

My theory is that city populations of turkeys thrive much more-so than rural populations because of lack of nest predation. Not as many coons looking for eggs in the city when they can eat birdseed.

Give me goose or turkey over icky hog barn pork any day.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Give me goose or turkey over icky hog barn pork any day.

Oh come on. Are you serious? I’ll trade you pork for a goose any day!

Goose would work pretty well as pothole filler. Its tougher than nails and they’re everywhere. Plus our roads have a lot of potholes lol

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Oh dear, some of you guys don’t know how to prepare goose. My uncle makes everything from goose, summer sausage, stew meat, bologna, meatballs, brats, etc. Not only would you not pick out which is beef and which is goose, you’d like the goose version more. It’s some of the best and most versatile meat in the sky.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Just had some goose sticks the other day from a family friend we let hunt our land. They were better than 90% of the beef/venison sticks I’ve had. It’s all about how you prepare it and what you add.

They also cook some goose and duck kabobs wrapped in bacon that are phenomenal.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m thinking your chef game might not be that strong.

x2!!! Gimruis is there wild game you DO like? These bass fisherman I tell ya… rotflol jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

x2!!! Gimruis is there wild game you DO like? These bass fisherman I tell ya…

LOL actually yes there is! I like pheasant, grouse, venison (preferably young corn fed), and some ducks are fine too.

Fish is OK if its out of cold water but I honestly don’t eat a lot of fish. I prefer saltwater fish given the choice.

Certainly possible that my preparation or cooking skills are not that great too. I won’t deny that.

I think I need to invest in my own smoker.

CaptainMusky

Canada Geese yes, snow/blue geese not so much they are very tasty.

Not only are we seeing them like that we are also noticing them waaayy up north as well near Tenstrike.

My buddy hunts turkeys in Roseau and has been very successful.

JEREMY
    BP

I’m thinking your chef game might not be that strong. Both geese and turkey is delicious

I agree. I think wild turkey is delicious and goose is pretty darn good also. Never figured how people can like duck and hate goose.

duh queen

Liver disgusts me, hence all things livery are banned from my table. I’m willing to exchange WT recipes/cooking secrets with anyone who can prove to my pallet that geese are edible. In my opinion, if geese tasted better, they’d be on the endangered species list.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.