Looking for larger cold cranking atv battery

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Does any one have any recommendations on a larger cold cranking battery then stock.
    I do lots of fishing up north and would like the insurance of a more powerful then stock atv battery.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Well it’s not going fit unless you mod some things. Go AGM and maybe carry a lithium jump pack. Or check into a lithium battery. They have more usable power at the same amp level. That’s all I got.

CBMN
    North Metro

I don’t know enough about your Honda and what space it might have but I was able to buy a larger battery for my Sportsman 850 as it had some extra room and was just a few dollars more expensive. At that time I just stopped at my local Batteries Plus and they had a fit chart from the battery manufacture that listed two options and one had a decent amount more CCA. I also went to an AGM battery.
    Might be worth a call or visit to your local Batteries Plus.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I use a a full size (group 27) battery during the cold winter. Permanent mount for the battery case. Hard wired into the ATV. Battery comes out of the boat and into the ATV. The original battery stays installed and hooked up, all year long.

Attachments:
    1. 20191124_130300.jpg

The_Bladepuller
    South end

Look into jumppacks for motorcycles.
    Very small but powerful

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Bcat-
    A warm fuel relay is more important.
    Trust me on this one.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Bcat-
    Trust me on this one.

X2

404 ERROR
    MN

Odyssey PC925 will do the trick. Might not fit without modifications but it’ll be worth it.

Coletrain27

Bcat-
    Trust me on this one.

That’s true if you have a mechanical type relay. If you have a solid state relay that won’t ever be a issue. My last sled I had I switched mine to a solid state relay

Dave Sunderman

Odyssey PC925 will do the trick. Might not fit without modifications but it’ll be worth it.

^^^THIS^^^

The stock Yuasa batteries found in most ATVs struggle to start machines 500cc or larger. You’ll pay a little more for the Odyssey but, it’s money well spent. Especially in the cold.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Bcat-
    Trust me on this one.

That’s true if you have a mechanical type relay. If you have a solid state relay that won’t ever be a issue. My last sled I had I switched mine to a solid state relay

Coletrain, I carry a spare relay in my pocket for winter startups on my Brute Force 750i. I’m very interested in this solid state relay concept, any ideas where to start finding a match? I searched around and didn’t find anything specifically for my brute.

Thanks!

Coletrain27

im not sure about the brute force. my sled was a yamaha and they upgraded the relay a year or two after my sled was made so i was able to just order a new factory yamaha solid state relay and it plugged right in. i will say though i had a 2009 brute force 750 and used it in the snow and cold weather and never had a problem with mine. you could check some atv forums and maybe they would have some info, not sure what year your brute force is but maybe it already has a solid state starting relay?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.