Looking for “Double hook”.

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

They used to make a double hook I can’t seem to find anymore. It was as if you took a single #2 & #6 hook, put them back to back so the eyes matched up. Single shank with 2 bends at 180*. My brother really liked them for slip bobber fishing. You can put the small side in the minnow and have the larger size for the fish. We also use them for finicky walleyes on tip-ups.

I searched for hours on the net with zero results. I figure someone here will remember them.

B-man

Search “Double Ryder fishing hooks” waytogo

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220224-105940.png

CaptainMusky

Search “Double Ryder fishing hooks” waytogo

Reminds me of the VMC sureset trebles. I love those things. Too bad they quit making them, but I had stocked up. Work great on crankbaits.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Reminds me of the VMC sureset trebles. I love those things. Too bad they quit making them, but I had stocked up. Work great on crankbaits.

Well that would explain why I cant find them anymore haha! I have looked all over and have asked every sports shop I go into for them. Just figured it was supply issues not that they stopped making them.

CaptainMusky

Well that would explain why I cant find them anymore haha! I have looked all over and have asked every sports shop I go into for them. Just figured it was supply issues not that they stopped making them.

It hasnt been that long that they quit, but it was pre pandemic for sure. So you havent been out of the loop for long LOL

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

You can still find something like the VMC sureset trebles. I can remember the knock off brand but they were in Netcraft’s catalog. I also think I saw something like what Hodag is looking for in there. https://www.jannsnetcraft.com/

robby
    Quad Cities

I use large hooks as you have described for trailer hooks while fishing scum frogs. The line tie eye was horizontal, as made for a trailer hook. Really helpx when the bass are just slapping at the bait, increases my hook up ratio. Stays pretty weedless also. Works on Spinner baits and buzz baits also. Maybe on Chatterbaits, but the hook up ratio on those is golden as it is.

B-man

Glad to be of help sir toast

I remember buying pre-tied spinner rigs on Lake Oahe 20-something years ago tied up with them. Definitely not a hook you see every day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.