Looking for a shore bite

• Sam Smith

Hey guys, I’m just reaching out to see if there is any type of shore bite worth chasing. I’m Living in Sioux Falls so anything north of like Watertown is a bit of a haul but I don’t mind putting on some miles. I’m not looking to infringe on anybody’s secret spot or anything. I’m just without a boat at this point and looking to catch some walleyes. Is the Missouri kicking out fish from shore near the dams? I’d love the chance at a giant. Anyways, I’m just curious if there are some hungry fish anywhere in close proximity to land. I’d really appreciate any info, thanks and tight lines!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I would just get out the map and get out to some grades and start casting.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

I am in Wisconsin and fish out there in a boat quite a few times in the summer, more in the Webster area. I wish I lived closer. Lots of goood fishing out there.

Are you on Facebook?

Try this group, they post some pictures of some nice ones caught from shore sometimes. If you ask they might have some pionters for you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1790760907815825/

Check out Dakota Angler website for reports. Google the names of the lakes, pull them up on Google maps, turn on the satellite view and scope out some shore fishing spots.

Let us know how it goes.

Sam Smith

Thanks for the info. That’s been my strategy so far. A lot of computer time. It’s been more driving around and looking for spots than actual baits in the water since I’m new to South Dakota. Looking to soak some baits today, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Good luck! I hope you get in to some action! Which direction are you heading? The river? Or a little bit north?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.