Looking for a little assistance

• Erik Swenson

Hey IDO Community,

I was wondering if anyone knew a local Minn Kota rep that might be able to help me out on a wing and a prayer. Long story short, my Terrova decided it had enough of my abuse this last weekend on Mille Lacs and it was handed off to the folks at FishLectronics earlier today for some warranty work. So, it is in good hands. However, my dilemma is that I have a trip planned this upcoming week to fish the Crane lake area and there’s no way that the team at the aforementioned can reasonably be expected to return a working unit by Friday (they are closed on wknds).

My question is this, if you know of or better yet, if a fellow IDO member happens to be a Minn Kota factory rep that might have some demo units laying around that could be leased for a few cases of beer or whatever, that would be great! I know, may seem like a long shot, but I’m out of options beyond just living without one for the week.

Thanks for reading and appreciate any help or suggestions.

Sincerely,

Erik

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Welcome to In-Depth.
    Put a call into FishLectronics on Wednesday. Unless you really,really trashed it they might have it for you this week. Won’t hurt to check in with them. They haven’t earned their reputation by accident.

Ignore this if they already told you there was no way you would have it.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Might not be enough motor for you but I have an older 12v auto pilot laying around you could use.

sji

Have a 24 volt Auto Pilot you could use. It’s alot like me, has some experience but still works.

Erik Swenson

Thank you Dutchboy. I lurked here for a few years before wading into the fray. Appreciate the welcome. Yes, the gentleman at FishLectronics was pretty firm on the time to completion. He didn’t have all parts in stock and shipping has been generally running behind. So, I guessed I trashed it pretty good…ha. I may heed your suggestion to check in with them on Wednesday, but not expecting a miracle. Thanks for that too. Have a good one.

Erik Swenson

That’s very kind of you Boats…

But, yes if 12 volt probably not. Sincerely appreciate the offer though and one of the reasons I finally singed up for the site. Seeing folks willing to help each other out is how I grew up and not what you find in too many other places now. Thank you!

Erik Swenson

Thank you sji! I just may take you up on that. Similar to the other replies, that is very generous. Are you here in the metro or somewhere between here and Crane Lake? Ha. Before that though I am going to contact the resort owner and see what he has for rentals. Really appreciate this guys!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.