Looking for a 16' – 17' V bottom or flat bottom

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

A buddy of mine is looking for a good used flat bottom or V-Bottom boat and trailer…tiller model…Motor optional….
    He wants it for the early and late river fishing…

You can text him at six zero eight five one six nine seven zero two

munchy
    NULL

Any specific kind of boat? Such as lightweight bare bones, full decks, or somewhere in between? Etc…

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Tell him good luck. I was looking this spring/early summer. I haven’t looked since the end of July but people that had decent setups wanted an arm and a leg for them. They all sold rather quick also.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Any specific kind of boat? Such as lightweight bare bones, full decks, or somewhere in between? Etc…

Yes to all… hah
    Guessing flats are more a bare bones….. in the V bottom it could be the Lund Alaskan style
    But I’m sure he is up for anything…
    Like mxskeeter mentioned…. it’s going to be tough to find

jake47
    WI

I have a 14’ Alumacraft Backtroller with 40 hp Johnson that might be hitting the market soon. I’ll keep this post in mind if it does.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I was looking for 15/16 ft. boat with a 4 stroke or no/junk motor. Wanted a roller trailer. I have some shallow landings up north I want to get into. Didn’t care if it had a troller or electronics.
    Many of the boats I found had worthless equipment (30 lb. trolling motor–gray scale electronics, etc.) on them but the seller thought that his stuff was top notch and wanted mucho $$$$ for it.
    I passed on alot of them but they sold. Now weather the guy got his price, who knows.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have a 14’ Alumacraft Backtroller with 40 hp Johnson that might be hitting the market soon. I’ll keep this post in mind if it does.

He just sold his real nice 14′ flat and 25 merc and is needing the bigger boat…not to big…like mxskeeter mentioned…he needs to still get into some shallow landings on the mississippi river…

dbright
    Cambridge

I went down this road a few years ago. The used prices were dam close to new. I ended up buying new to find what I wanted at the time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.