long term gas storage solutions?

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Other then using true fuel or the likes, is there any pump fuel that can last over a year or even better 2 years? I dont use much mixed gas but when I need to cut up a tree I want good fuel

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Yeah, I got some 6 yr old gas in my garage. I start my auger with it 2x a year. Works great. Don’t spill. Lasts long. Saves me downtime and repair on lightly used engines.

Its called… trufuel. smash

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use non-oxy. I use maybe a gallon or two of 2 stroke per year. No problems yet. If you’re concerned, why not just mix a 1/2 gallon, or even a quart per time, that might help you out.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just buy a gallon at a time. Non oxygen and mix it when needed in smaller can. Really all you can do besides tru fuel

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Just mix less, pretty simple math…
    Or dump the rest into your car it wont know the difference.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve had non ox mixed gas easily last over a year.

Biggest things I think help:

As others have said, only mix a gallon of gas at a time.

Drain the fuel from the saw. Fuel drying out and gumming up the carb is a way bigger problem than bad gas. I’ve fixed a lot of 2 stroke equipment that has had this issue, if you leave fuel in it, you’re going to eventually have a problem.

Put a piece of duct tape on the side of the can and write the date on it with a sharpie. After a year, dump what’s left in the truck and start over.

Grouse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.