Long Point Report 1/19-1/22

• Zack Shack Guy

Went out of Long Point for 3 days last week. Group of 6 of us and were able to land a 25.5 a 25 and 23.5 fish, which is always fun. 1/19 the group had 18 keepers, 1/20 had 12 and 1/21 had 12. However, only 2 of us were using vexilars/marcums, so hard to tell how the other guys would have done. We were in 34 FOW, a little deep I think, but we were using a resort house.
    I am heading up for a week starting 2/1, but will be using my own gear. Am thinking that going a little shallower (24-28 FOW) might produce more fish… any thoughts?

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Alex,
    I have fished Long Point for the last 25 years and will tell you that the 30 plus range will fill your bucket between the times of 10 to 3. Its possible to find a better walleye bite shallower but by weeks end most go for numbers.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Sand Burr (or anyone else that knows…), does Babbler have a road this year that heads out near Arnesen’s? He typically tries to get the road out to 16 mile reef after first heading right past gull rock…RR

Zack Shack Guy

Sand Burr,
    Thanks for the reply… I know have no idea what to plan for the trip. The good news is that we are fishing for 5 days, so I guess we can move if we need to.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Give us a report when you get back! I will be up over the 7th.

Zack Shack Guy

Sand,
    I will be fishing up there on the 7th… let me know if you are doing portables or renting.. if portables maybe I can direct you in the right way.

fireline
    Rochester

Where is Long Point ? Must be by Arnesen’s ?

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Where is Long Point ? Must be by Arnesen’s ?

On the NE tip of the peninsula north of Zippel Bay. Arnesen’s would be on the NW side. It’s about 5 miles as the crow flies between Long Point and Arnsen’s.

tapout

Ran portables up their this weekend two days 30 fish 12 keepers fished hard moved a lot. We started out making the 30 mile trip all the way out to garden island ice is rough roads single lane and fishing was bad in lotw standards. I hope when I head back up end of Feb the bites a little better

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.