Lodging for ice fishing

• mann4ducks

What are you guys having to pay for a nite lodging ice fishing. My favorite ID spot last resort just sold and $/ nite just went to 159 week day and 189 weekend I am try to convince wife to take RV but she wants to verbo $/ trip getting expensive and $/# following grocery stores.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

So many variables, one can not even compare without details about location, quality of place and local economy.
    You really need to narrow down the criteria.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Like the guys said it all depends. I have paid as little as $40.00 a night before to crash in a tiny sleeper on shore to the kind of money your talking about to be in something nice. Also depends on the lake and area.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

What are you guys having to pay for a nite lodging ice fishing. My favorite ID spot last resort just sold and $/ nite just went to 159 week day and 189 weekend I am try to convince wife to take RV but she wants to verbo $/ trip getting expensive and $/# following grocery stores.

I travel quite a bit. A lot of the price increases are to cover 2 things…….

1) Taxes to cover tax lost from all the covid buisness closures and the free money spent to bailout covid.

2) Increase in wages to get housekeepers. This spring there was a resort advertising up to $30 a hour to clean cabins.

I’m no help on what you want to spend. However, I wouldn’t try and put momma in a $30 per night motel.

Sylvanboat

If you’re taking your spouse (or kids) spend the money for a nice place.

mann4ducks

Not trying to cheap out. “Resort” ok rooms not as “rough” (no criticism intended) as compared to the MN fish camps I remember from 40 yrs ago but not close to even a “leave the light one motel”. Anyways three yrs ago ,“ BC” , 2-bed rooms 65/ Just wondering what the rate increase has been up north. We have a place to go on rainy for free but enjoy the warmer weather in ID and hunting for the 16” perch and only 13 hrs instead of 24+.
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.