lodging 6/20 to 6/27

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I tried to book a 4 person cabin at Nitti’s and I must have been a little late. there is no room at the inn. I need assistance on getting lodging for 4 on the lake that week. not looking to spend $2500. any help would be appreciated. please feel free to text me at 612 414 5279 or drop me a PM here. thanks in advance. we have stayed there 3 summers and I don’t remember them filling up this early but the fishing has been better year after year.

thanks,
    Steve Erickson

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I’ll throw out a plug for my neighbors. Try Island View or Beachside in Wahkon.
    The walk to Wahkon Inn (Tommy serves breakfast the in the summer on weekdays) or Muggs is maybe 300 yards for dinner and drinks. Sand beach. Good people at both places.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Red Door fills up pretty quick too.

Did you check Fisher’s Resort?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Appledorns was double what we paid at Nittis

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Appledorns was double what we paid at Nittis

Appeldoorns is a nice resort, but yes…when I checked them out for rentals I found the same. A stretch for my budget.

Fisher’s would be priced more in line with what you’re looking for, but maybe they’re booked for that time too?

Eddy Lyback has a former private home that is now a rental. Looks to be enough room for a group of 4, reasonable price $800/week last year and a private dock for your use.

Lyback

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul
    gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Tbro16 beat me to it. I was going to suggest an airbnb somewhere up there.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Looking for a place that I can pull the boat out every night without using public access. And a bar! I’m striking out. Thx for the help tho

Fowldreams55398

Looking for a place that I can pull the boat out every night without using public access. And a bar! I’m striking out. Thx for the help tho

Sure you don’t need a pool and hot tub too? Can’t be too picky if you’re looking to be on a budget!

The_Bladepuller
    South end

Resorts that have a bar / restaurant on siteare rather limited and will be spendy, for both room and food / liquor.
    Now find where “locals” go and the food & liquor will not be Twin Cities prices.
    I’ll day again Island View and Beachside. They are right next to each other. Share a ramp. Walking distance to 2 bar / restaurants, & there is a gas station / convenience store / bait shop / liquor store maybe 1/3 of a mile from them.

deanfisher1

At Fishers we have a cabin available check in Sunday June 21 for a week. Otherwise we are booked on Saturday check in.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

At Fishers we have a cabin available check in Sunday June 21 for a week. Otherwise we are booked on Saturday check in.

Hi Dean… wave

I was trying to direct the OP to your resort as I believed it was in his price range and was lakefront cabin with on site boat launch and harbor. I checked availability this morning and saw the week available with the Sunday start.

I won’t judge the OP’s ultimate desires but a bit of flexibility could make it work. I know that Castaway’s is virtually next door to you and is a favorite of ours for restaurant/bar, good food, good service and a lively establishment.

BTW, our family will be at your resort for a week in July…cabin 10. We’ll be enjoying beverages in the evenings watching the sunset over the lake (if we’re not out fishing) toast

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Thank you. I was able to get a cabin at Nittis. Bigger than we need but time was a wasting.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thank you. I was able to get a cabin at Nittis. Bigger than we need but time was a wasting.

I don’t think anyone would complain about having more elbow room, nice to spread out a bit more even if you had to pay more. It’s your annual 1 week trip, make the most of it.

Glad it worked out for you. smile

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’ll be sure to try some other establishments out in the future. we have just fished that east side so much and have so many waypoints to fish now after 3 years of going there. food is good. bar is good. George is a nice guy. thanks for all the advice. now I hope the damn lake doesn’t crash in a year or two. what a fishery. too bad there aren’t many fish in there like some agencies would lead you to believe. )

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I think that week there are a few tournaments that might be your issue this year.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

thank god it’s a huge lake. we have stayed the third week of june the past 3 years. always seems to be something going on.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.