Livewell drain issues

• JAnderson

My 2017 competitor is taking on water. It’s from the front livewell plumbing. I’m fairly certain that it separated where the drain open/close valve connects with the drain tube. Any idea where it is located and easiest way to access it? It appears that it is under the rod storage in the front. I just cannot figure out a decent way to get in there without ripping it all apart.

I may end up having to just plug the drain exit and not use the livewells at all.

I’m well aware that it’s under warranty but I don’t wanna wait to get it in and would rather just get it done now. Just looking for some good ideas on how to get in there!

Thanks!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Replaced the line in my navigator years ago. Yep, took up the floor. Main floor in the boat was easy. Under the front deck We ended up having to reach up there. My line was split under the gas tank under the main floor. Entire line replaced.

JAnderson

Replaced the line in my navigator years ago. Yep, took up the floor. Main floor in the boat was easy. Under the front deck We ended up having to reach up there. My line was split under the gas tank under the main floor. Entire line replaced.

Thanks, Mike. That’s kinda what I figured. I think I’ll just block it at the three-way near the rear so I can still use rear livewell. That’ll get me through until I am able to get it in.

Joel

JAnderson

Does anyone know where the built in cooler drains out?

JAnderson

I finally figured out what happened. The open/closed valve for the front livewell cracked and broke. Need a new one. They are plastic and cheap and used in lots of boat brands. Front livewell valve on the competitor 175 is under the battery tray.

Attachments:
    1. FE48BF54-B4E4-4A7C-AD52-0547E9CB5BA6.jpeg

2. 51619565-FFC3-40C7-BD13-00655610C7EA.jpeg

3. BDBADEDA-AFC2-48A8-A5DB-1FE8629766DC.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’m sure you’ve saved some fellow in the future a quick fix by following up.

So on his behalf, thanks grin

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Have you found a replacement valve? Do they still come with that plastic rod to open and close?

JAnderson

Yes, found one near me at a dealer. It does come with the open/closed rod.

Have you found a replacement valve? Do they still come with that plastic rod to open and close?

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

I’m sure you’ve saved some fellow in the future a quick fix by following up.

So on his behalf, thanks grin

He sure did! Thank you much!

Cody Meyers

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I’m living this right now. I’m thinking I’m going to take those valves out completely and just use drain plugs in the livewells. Hoping to add a bit of reliability to the system so I don’t have to mess around with it anymore.

Has anybody done this, and is there anything I’ll need in order to get this done?

Everything else should function the same I assume with the exception of those nice open/closed levers now being strictly decorative.

JAnderson

I’ve filled my lines with RV antifreeze the last few winters. Zero issues since I started doing that. Keeps it lubricated and working well. I wouldn’t want drain plugs because I’d never remember to put them in prior to launching!

Cody Meyers

I figure I can close the loop on my issue. My buddy said he grabbed all the bait, so I drained the well without looking. My tubes filled up with all the dead minnows it could hold. I went into my shop today and it stunk like death had warmed over. I filled the well and blew out the line backwards with the air compressor. The stuff that blew out into the livewell was unspeakable.

Drains good now.

Lesson learned, I’ll be using bait bags from now on and checking before I open the drains.

fishingman48

I have a Mirro Craft 14′ troller with a live well which was installed by the manufacturer , now I have no issue with aerator set up however overflow will not work unless your out of water & even then have to remove overflow tube to empty tank ! water will come in through overflow and not allow water out while on lake so you have to have it plugged until you’re out & then pull or unscrew overflow tube to let water out . due to fact overflow port is alongside of aerator port under water. so how are you to use aerator to keep fish alive & replenish water as if I keep aerator on will overflow tank. There is an access switch attached to side but unaware what its for any idea’s to create an overflow to allow for circulation of aerator with fresh water without filling boat with water?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.