Livewell Control Cable

• red89
    Hudson

Been working on my livewells and determined I have a broken livewell cable. Before I ordered a new one, I figured I should see if the old one would come out. I detached it at the valve and took out the two screws that hold the actuator. Tried to start pulling it through and it is not budging.

Seems like it is attached to something underneath the fuel tank. Anybody ran into this? If it is in fact fastened to something under there then they basically made it impossible to replace.

munchy
    NULL

It may be impossible to remove, not exactly impossible to replace. Just snip the excess off and leave it, then fish the new one through next to it or reroute it through a different location.

red89
    Hudson

Thanks for the reply. I think the only way I’ll be able to run a new cable though is to attach it to the old one and pull it through.
    This is on an aluminum bass boat. The actuator is below the drivers seat, and there is lots of foam, storage, and gas tank in between there and the valve. The cable kind of runs sideways along the foam, then must curve back towards the stern where the valve is located.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.