Livescope Bundle

• Dan Buchmann

Looking to purchase a Livescope for our high school fishing team. Anyone have suggestions on what and where to purchase an ice bundle? I’ve read that piecing it together yourself saves some money. Just don’t know where to begin.

Thanks guys!

MX1825

I would bet Reeds or Scheels would give you a discount for a high school team. They have bundled packages.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My bass team that I was part of gave us a list of places that gave us discounts. Check with yours and see if they do the same.

Dan Buchmann

We have a list of discounts but not for Livescope. Any recommendations for the mount,pole, what unit is best?

CaptainMusky

I have the Summit pole and find it works just fine.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

We have a list of discounts but not for Livescope. Any recommendations for the mount,pole, what unit is best?

Expensive, but I’d look at ArcLab for the shuttle/pole/mount. I’ve had the Summit shuttle/pole for a couple seasons, but it gets pretty annoying trying to smoothly scan and get it setup right.

Ripjiggen

Lots of them for sale used on marketplace as well.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Home made is what we went with on poles. They sure bend you over for a pole these days.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How would live scope work for a high school team. Who gets to use and benefit off of it ? Does it go from 2 man team to 2 man team all season.
    I could think off 100 better things a team could use besides 1 livescope for the 3k.
    And I’m just generally curious, I work with our high school fishing team as well.

Dan Buchmann

Usually we work in groups of 4-6 students so one person drilling, someone checking depths or using an underwater camera to check bottoms then we’ll use livescope and vexilars for the actual fishing. It’s just going to help us eliminate water during our tournaments. We have fundraised and have about $10000 in our account so the kids decided they wanted to purchase one.

Gregg Gunter

Cabelas recent flyer had big discounts on mega live transducer and helix 9, but I don’t remember if a bundle was included.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Check the Garmin group on this site, I’ve detailed how to piece a bundle together…

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Garmin UHD are on sale right now 93vs is like $600
    If you use the 32v transducer you can pick one up cheap as the 34v has come out, GLS10 box is $500. Bag and pole used on FB less then $200 and a $150 battery. BOOM your fishing….

JoeMX1825
    MN

Garmin UHD are on sale right now 93vs is like $600
    If you use the 32v transducer you can pick one up cheap as the 34v has come out, black box is $500. Bag and pole used on FB less then $200 and a $150 battery. BOOM your fishing….

just know the older 93 models can’t update and get the new color pallets and other features…needs to be the UHD1 model or higher

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

Usually we work in groups of 4-6 students so one person drilling, someone checking depths or using an underwater camera to check bottoms then we’ll use livescope and vexilars for the actual fishing. It’s just going to help us eliminate water during our tournaments. We have fundraised and have about $10000 in our account so the kids decided they wanted to purchase one.

You can piece together and save some money but i purchased the LV32 bundle this fall and it was super easy to unpack and just fish with. I bought the ice bundle and used the stock pole this winter it was okay but I will upgrade. I bought a lithium 30 AH battery. For open water I just bought a simple transom mount trolling bracket and use PVC pipe for pole it worked great and very inexpensive.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan Buchmann wrote:</div>

You can piece together and save some money but i purchased the LV32 bundle this fall and it was super easy to unpack and just fish with. I bought the ice bundle and used the stock pole this winter it was okay but I will upgrade. I bought a lithium 30 AH battery. For open water I just bought a simple transom mount trolling bracket and use PVC pipe for pole it worked great and very inexpensive.

Do you have pics of the mount by chance? I am trying to figure out how I am going to mount Livescope on my raft – having a hard time thinking of ideas.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.