Live report

• Reid Danielson

Out of isle bay currently with 9-10” of ice. Probably around 50-75 shacks, some bunches up others more sporadic. Wheelers are running all over. This morning marked and saw around 6 walleyes but couldn’t get any to bite really finicky, through everything at them. Fishing in about 15’ of water at the break into about 30’. I’ll report back later after evening bite!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Driving through Isle this afternoon, one would think Isle bay was the only spot with ice in MN. I would easily bet 100 rigs parked around Isle bay access points.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Driving through Isle this afternoon, one would think Isle bay was the only spot with ice in MN. I would easily bet 100 rigs parked around Isle bay access points.

They’re all there for the chance to maybe catch that one walleye keeper, 20-22″ or the over 28″…Hello! wave

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I bet they are there because it is the shortest drive from the metro at a decent chance at safe ice and a walleye. not everyone needs to fish for survival.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I bet they are there because it is the shortest drive from the metro at a decent chance at safe ice and a walleye. not everyone needs to fish for survival.

No…nobody needs to fish for survival from the metro. neutral

Ryan P
    Farmington

I contemplated that drive this weekend for that very reason. Would be nice to get out.

PmB

Fishing is fun. F the meat. Go buy some chicken nuggets for .99

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mark-bruzek wrote:</div>

They’re all there for the chance to maybe catch that one walleye keeper, 20-22″ or the over 28″…Hello! wave

Sam
    St.Francis

My drive to isle is only a half hour so going out of Chapman’s is a normal ice fishing afternoon for me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.