Live Image Sonar

• iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

Active Target, Mega Live, Live Scope
    I’m thinking of getting one of these for next Ice Season, but I dont know much about any of them, other than what I’ve looked at on Youtube, I am sort of leaning towards the Live Scope because the belief of better image resolution.
    So I was wondering what others feel or think about them, Ease of use, portability, upgrading and Etc., Any comments or opinions would be helpful and appreciated…
    Thanks in advance!!

Matthew Sandys

I have livescope on a 106sv and I have a friend that has mega live. I’m glad I went with livescope. Better picture, longer range, and is a lot easier to use with a touch screen. On-screen controls and active captain are really nice.

Mega live is lighter without black box and it has a nice disconnect system with it. Mapping for bird is better for sure. There is no conversion with the ice kit yet, but I like the ice pole with wires ran inside.

Pick what you like and work best with. Better to be good with your stuff than have it all and not know how to use it.

Don’t look at Arclab stuff, it will cost you a lot of money as they make awesome stuff.

LabDaddy1

It’s the future and the new norm; I’m sure I’ll want it one day. However— until then— I’d say it’s a hack/cheat and just a spoiler of the mystique of fishing. Flashers are one thing, 2D/DI/SI are others, but this tech is outrageous. Rant over for now.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

My choice was Active Target, simply because I am familiar with the Lowrance software. The latest releases between Lowrance versus Garmin are so close, either is going to do the same job. I WOULD advise going with the latest release, unless you absolutely need to pinch pennies to afford the technology.

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve been and still a user of Livescope since 2019 and no regrets. Best tool to use for fishing. Even my kids can use it and have fun with it! Scope for schools of fish and drop that line. It really is video game fishing haha.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Livescope hands down… Active Target 2 is close, but I find it fickers the image too much…Don’t get me started on Mega Live…I can’t believe non-sponsored users think it’s comparable at all…Just look at the cord mess on the ice when using it. Garmin can duplicate the Megalive’s calling card feature of no partical interference in the water column with the Color Gain setting if desired…

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Don’t look at Arclab stuff, it will cost you a lot of money as they make awesome stuff.

You aren’t kidding! I kinda like the looks of Fishing Specialties’ options as well. Not cheap, but they have some nice options for Alumatrac mounting.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I like Arclabs pole system, but it has 2 problems that are a big deal to me. 1- it doesn’t collapse down very well (just 2 pieces) 2 – The spinning collar doesn’t have a pressure bolt for summer boat use (the ice tripod has a pressure bolt)..it requires the Arclab rail plate that uses friction against the pole to increase the spinning pressure…for those who don’t want to drill the plate into the fiberglass rail of their boat, it limits how you can use it without it spinning freely…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.