Lithium LiFePO4 10Ah Vexilar thoughts

• Savage Brewer
    Savage, MN

Need to replace a battery this year on my FLX28 and thinking about going with a Dakota Lithium batter to shave a few ounces when hole hopping.

Anyone else that has done this, did you have any issues that you have run into with this setup?

Just checking before dropping $100 on a battery.

AaronMoore

I did the exact thing last season, very happy with this new set up

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Put one in/on my FLX-28 last year and was very happy with it. Lighter and longer run time. Definitely worth it if you can score one at a price you find palatable.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

Do these still work with the vexilar “smart charger” that has charging and long term maintenance? I looked at the website and found this.

Charge: 10 A max, 14 V max recommended, 15 V max. Compatible with most SLA chargers

copete44
    Farmington, MN

Has anyone tried this battery in a 12v ice auger? I have an older strike master that I really like, but when the ice gets thicker it doesn’t last as many holes as I would like. I was thinking maybe one of these batteries would help.

Also is there any talk of a group buy again this year so that we can get the discounted price?

AaronMoore

on the other site there is talk of a group buy ;)

JoeMX1825
    MN

Don’t the Dakota batteries require a specific battery charger vs the standard kind all other batteries use?

You can put some charge on the Dakota using the standard charger, but it will be 8x slower and not allow the battery to reach it’s full potential. This could possibly also equate to a reduced life.

A vex has an extremely low power consumption, so not charging to the full potential might not be an issue. Also, if your primary concern is weight, you can get a battery that’ll go all day @ less than 1/4 the mass of the Dakota. I use 4 18650 3000mah cells with my fl22 on a sonic hopper type setup, that will run over 17hours.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.