Flasher Lithium battery

• Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

Does anybody out there run a lithium battery for their sonar unit, if so, what is your opinion. Does the weight make a big difference? I think I read the battery weighs 2.2 lbs. I found one that was a 10 amp for @ $239. A lot of money but maybe worth it for a lighter unit. Thanks for any facts or opinions, Ray.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m on my third season with a 9 amp lithium battery powering my LX9. Not sure what one can say about something as simple as a battery… I lIke it. The weight savings is very noticeable and I can get several long days of fishing out of a single charge.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

Thank you James I respect your experience. Who is the manufacturer?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thank you James I respect your experience. Who is the manufacturer?

I’m running one of the Ice Force lithium batteries. The one I have is one of the original field test units in a hand made wooden case shaped like a 12 volt gel cell battery.

So far after almost 3 years and some hard use I’ve not noticed any decline in capacity or runtime.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I run the Ice Force Lithium battery as well.. At first there were times I would pick up my LX5 and think the battery was not in it !!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

OK already Dave! We get it! lol, what the fridge is going on here?

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Think we need dupe detection on replies too. lol

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Holy cow, all the duplicate posts are gone now. Never Mind Dave! Wild morning on the boards.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I have 2 of the Solar Sportsman Lithium Batteries and am very impressed with them. The weight is the first thing I notice. With running a Vexilar like I do I have noticed I receive less interference from other flashers because you are constantly outputting the same voltage. And Lastly is I didn’t have to worry about charging it over the summer because the way the battery stores power more efficiently. Its going to last you a lot longer than a normal battery.

tacotom
    Woodbury Mn

Rapala has the battery and charger for $149.99 it’s a good deal. I haven’t run mine below 75% on a full day of fishing with the LX9.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

I did notice that and think it would be a great price, now to just pull the trigger on it for I just bought a TUCR power precision and a Digger ice auger rack to put on my snowmobile. All right you just talked me into it, I just bought the ice force battery, man this hobby is expensive and I love it.

renegadewalleye

I also purchased one and wondering how it will last with the flasher and camera working on a lx9.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.