Lindy Lil' Guy

• happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Anyone…Bueller?

CaptainMusky

I have tried them along with some similar ones that I found at Cabelas. I think they work alright. I cannot say they made a huge difference, in fact, on the one trip in particular a slow death hook was far more deadly than other choices.
    Depending on speed I think the lil guy will ride up a bit higher off the bottom so that could be a desirable trait.

Bass_attack

Yes I used them on mille lacs in june with some success.

Woody

I have a couple but haven’t tried them but couple times and no luck with a crawler. I’ve wondered how they would work at night for walleye instead of raps? Been meaning to try them more but I’ve got a few I use that work so great it’s hard to switch.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Bought 6 of them thinking they would be good on a crawler harness behind a bottom bouncer but found they would blow out/run sideways at speeds over .08mph

realtreeap10
    Over there

I can say that I’ve used them and the Cabelas version on the river, pool 2, a decent amount and caught more fish than the other person in the boat 3-1. I haven’t used them on a lake but in the river they seem to catch more fish than a standard lindy rig setup.

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

tried a few of them, no luck

piscatorialmaize

Used them out on Devils in really bad conditions, worked on par with spinners the others in the boats were using. Plan on using them as part of a Denver rig on the river this spring.

King Dinger
    Mn

Used them on leech and worked great with crawlers

Nate Malakowsky

I used the orange one and had great success with it caught a smorgasbord of fish trolling the outer weedlines. Eater walleyes a few nice pike monster 9.5″ bluegill crappie everything. S trolling seemed to trigger them. 1.0 -1.5 mph was the speed I was trolling had no problem with the bait turning over maybe you had a defective unit. Rigged it w/ a night crawler haven’t tried leeches yet. Used a a pencil weight not a bottom bouncer. Works great near weeds because it floats unlike a spinner so it stays out of the weeds. Only downside is that pike will bite it off so at $4 a piece it becomes expensive fishing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.