Lighting a flip-over

• brandmoney

I’m feeling a little festive and had the idea of putting christmas lights on my ice house. Anybody have experience in that field that they care to share?

Couple Deets:
    -Shack is a 1 person Genz thermal flipover
    -Planning on running LEDs (haven’t decided on inside or outside the shack)
    -Probably going to use a SLA battery if possible

Any other supplies I need? I’ll make sure to share pics of the finished product.
    Thanks for the help.

iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

Awesome… Hope it works out well!!!

OG Net_Man

I ran a string of led lights inside. I attached them to one of the horizontal poles above my head and ran the cord down the side pole. I attached a cheap dimmer switch in the tub that I purchased on Ebay. I power it off of a cheap gel cell battery mounted inside the tub.

In my opinion the dimmer switch is highly important. I find too bright of a light to be counter productive in some applications.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I used to run led light bars, now I have a portable snap on light that’s rechargeable. It’s way better then my permanent lights.
    I had led lights on the top and rear bar. Also a set in the tub under the seats. I mad a 3 switch panel with dimmers it worked great. Just got expensive

Cameron white

The otter lights make things easy. Easy on your battery too.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Cheap led strip lights work pretty well and come in all kinds of colors and controls.

Loren I Duerr

I used led strip lights. One role worked for both my 1 and 2 person, put same plug on both that plugs into Dewalt 20 volt battery adapter. extra drill batteries put to good use.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.