License Question

• Dave Schneider

My inlaws bought a cabin this year on Little Boy Lake so we will be trying to spend some weekends up there from now on. I have a question with the non-resident family license. Can each person on the license keep their own limit or is it a shared limit between the 2? I’m assuming each can keep their own based on the cost, but I couldn’t find a definitive answer anywhere.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Dave, each person that has their own angling license can fish and keep their own limit. Check the regs to make sure Little Boy Lake does not have any special rules on size restrictions.

Gordio

I think your best bet would be to email the DNR with that question. Then you’ll have written proof of the answer in case a C.O. hasn’t dealt with that before and questions what you’re doing. They usually take a day or two to reply, but they’re pretty good about getting back to you.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

As long as the persons name appears on the license or they are under 16 years old, they are allowed a limit of fish.

With a family license there are two licenses. One with your name and the other with your spouses name on it. Sign them and you’re golden.

Good luck!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

As long as the persons name appears on the license or they are under 16 years old, they are allowed a limit of fish.

With a family license there are two licenses. One with your name and the other with your spouses name on it. Sign them and you’re golden.

Good luck!

X2 what he said

Dave Schneider

Thank you everyone for the quick replies.

I’m looking forward to getting to spend some time up there even if we don’t get any fishing time in this visit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.