LEO question

• dirtywater

Just a question, nothing more, so please let’s keep it civil. I’m just curious here, not making some kind of a statement.

Who pays for all the cops to walk around the state fair? Are they all on overtimeu? Who is doing their normal work when they are at the fair? I saw more police in 4 hours today at the fair than I have in the last year combined.

Had a nice afternoon with the fam out there today, just about as nice as a day at the fair could be honestly. One thing I noticed (other than the sweet smell of weed mixing with deep fried everything) was that there were police literally everywhere. Also I can’t recommend the pork belly on a stick highly enough. Unreal with the Korean bbq sauce.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Sorry for my ignorance but what’s an LEO?

Coletrain27

Would you rather see no officers? I would rather see them “everywhere” myself at that zoo. We’re all paying for them I’m sure

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Who pays for all the cops to walk around the state fair?

The State Fair pays.

-J.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I will have to agree that there was a ton of them out there. But I was fine with it. Not sure who pays for them, but if it’s my tax $ I don’t have a problem with it. There are far worse things I see my tax $’s being used on.

stout93
    Becker MN

Would you rather see no officers? I would rather see them “everywhere” myself at that zoo. We’re all paying for them I’m sure

That’s not what the OP asked so why would you even respond with that?

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

That’s not what the OP asked so why would you even respond with that?

I can’t ask a question? I’m aware of what he asked

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

There are more this year than years prior for sure. But that’s because they’ve had so many fights, and shootings (last year) after 7 pm. Even had the news announce it so it wouldn’t be a surprise,.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Just a question, nothing more, so please let’s keep it civil. I’m just curious here, not making some kind of a statement.

Who pays for all the cops to walk around the state fair? Are they all on overtimeu? Who is doing their normal work when they are at the fair? I saw more police in 4 hours today at the fair than I have in the last year combined.

Had a nice afternoon with the fam out there today, just about as nice as a day at the fair could be honestly. One thing I noticed (other than the sweet smell of weed mixing with deep fried everything) was that there were police literally everywhere. Also I can’t recommend the pork belly on a stick highly enough. Unreal with the Korean bbq sauce.

As long as you feel safe who cares. Great job guys your doing what you are payed to do.

Curt

Paid for by the fair. Off duty officers. Love seeing them around. Would feel much safer if we had social workers patrolling instead.

stevenoak

In most cases like private conducted events, they pay for off duty police presence. Just like bars, sporting events etc. I knew a lot of officers, when I worked on police cars that it’s about the only way, they could buy a house and raise a couple children. It’s been over 15 years, but it typically paid $15 to $18 an hour {by no means overtime}. When construction and building tractors paid 2 or 3xs that much. The officers that did security at the downtown bars would come to work with black eyes and teeth missing. If you see 10 officers at a fair with 5,000 people, the way some groups are allowed to behave these days. That’s not great odds.

ThunderLund78

They maybe the most visible part but there’s apparently a LOT more going on for security this year, up to the federal level. Sad that we need it but I’m fine with it given the incidents of the last couple years. Was the helicopter still flying around all day? I went the first day and there’s was a helicopter overhead at all times and it wasn’t the News. I was thinking either State Patrol of Feds. Felt like I was in Goodfellas, couldn’t get “Magic Bus” by The Who out of my head all day.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

The $12 Pronto Pup is paying for them, and the $15 beer

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

The cops are just trying to make up for the lost income they will have for not working as School Resource Officers in East Cali this year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

$1.50 at any Kwik trip.

Follow me for more money saving tips.

Justin riegel

The $12 Pronto Pup is paying for them, and the $15 beer

and the ever increasing admission price. I think it went up $3 this year and the fair averages 2 million a year, $6 million can pay for a lot of LEO.

Riverrat

How are they getting away with walking around with weed? Up here if they catch you with weed in reach while in a car they are ticketing for open container. Are the agencies the LEOS represent operating at a loss when they send in their troops? I know for WEFEST they took a loss.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

and the ever increasing admission price. I think it went up $3 this year and the fair averages 2 million a year, $6 million can pay for a lot of LEO.

That 6 Million in just the admission Increase. 18.00 Admission Fee X 2 Million attendance = 36 Million $’s – I think they can afford the LEO expense.

duh queen

It’s just a guess, but I suspect that whomever runs the fair pays. Cops are allowed to work extra hours as security at sanctioned events like concerts, sporting events, etc. I don’t see why the fair would be any different.

CaptainMusky

$1.50 at any Kwik trip.

That’s not a pronto pup BK. Thats a corn dog. Huge difference.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

and there both gross!!!!!! whistling waytogo

jwellsy

I got stuck on the deep fried skunk smell.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>
    $1.50 at any Kwik trip.

That’s not a pronto pup BK. Thats a corn dog. Huge difference.

Next your going to tell me there’s a difference between a cantaloupe and a muskmelon. doah

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.