Lenco tabs – wire to blinker switches?

• gerritsb

Looking for advice on adding blinker sytle switches on steering wheel of a 2019 WX2060… Currently have stock Lenco dual switch on the console. Would like to add blinker style to the setup to contol the trim tabs. Any advice if you have or can do this?

snelson223
    Austin MN

Don’t have have buttons on a pad with an indicator to know where they are?

gerritsb

Yes, I do have light indicators… I want blinker style behind the steering wheel for ease of use while driving in big water.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Doing some digging on this but to date haven’t seen it done……
    closest thing is the joy stick from power tran that I’ve used which works well.

Musky Ed

Don’t know that I would want it mounted on the steering wheel. My first boat with the indicator button tab controls was in the dash, and that was real inconvenient. On my WX2200 when we rigged it, had it mounted on the gunnel, right behind the back edge of the windshield. It’s real convenient to use mounted flat like that, instead of vertical in the dash.

Northcoast

Placing the controls on the gunnel sounds like a great idea. Mine are mounted vertically on the dash; it is not ideal in rough water.

gerritsb

Ed – it would be on blinker style switches like the bass guys run for motor / jackplate… the existing switch would stay in place.

Musky Ed

I guess that would work. Already have one of those for my jackplate. So in my case that would be two more of them and I’m really quite happy the way I have it now. Will be interesting to know if it would work like that. Why not think about just moving what you have flat on the gunnel. It’s real comfortable that way. Your hand and fingertips just rest on it without falling off even in rough water. In my bass boat days I liked having two hands on the wheel, but have no problem taking a hand off at the speeds I run now.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

You need to know the amp rating needed first.
    I would think the switch controls a relay that handles the bulk amperage but make sure you find out for sure.

gerritsb

Thanks everyone! Appreciate all the feedback.

Grawler

Reviving this as I have the same question for my new wx2200. Out on Erie last week and it’s a pain to adjust the tabs mounted flush in the dash in big waves. Need blinker style; don’t want to drill a 1.5″ hole in my gunnel. Anyone done it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.