Leech Lake to Kabekona Lake

• Matt Vogel

Hey all,
    I have a club tournament on Leech this summer and am wondering if you can get from Leech to Kabekona Lake with a bass boat. Hard to tell from maps and I’ve never been on Leech. Also curious if you can get to Benedict Lake. Thanks in advance!

blank

No, you won’t be able to get Kabekona with a bass boat. Yes, you can get to Benedict. Where are you launching from on Leech?

Matt Vogel

I believe we are launching somewhere out of Walker Bay

Matt Vogel

What about Steamboat Lake? Would that be accessible?

blank

No its not accessible from Leech. Honestly, there is plenty good bass fishing in Leech itself that you shouldn’t need to travel to any other lakes.

Matt Vogel

I know Leech has great bass fishing, I’m just the kind of guy that likes the nooks and crannies that others may not consider. I love finding little honey holes on those big lakes. I’ll be up there before our tournament but wanted to know if it was worth my time going up the little rivers if I’m not going to get through at the other end. Thanks for your replies!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There are no hidden secretes on Leech. Everybody knows it’s a fantastic Bass lake and they know where to get ’em.

?????

I actually know people who run form Steamboat to Leech when the water is high in a Lund pro v but you have to know where you are going. You can get from Leech to Kabekona bay but not Kabekona Lake unless you have a john boat and mud motor. Kabekona Lake does not have a lot of largemouth bass and very little area to fish them and they are usually small. Easy path to Benedict

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.