leech lake

• tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Leaving for a work seminar at chase on the lake in walker tomorrow morning and going to bring the boat along and get some fishing in. I believe Chase is on walker bay and wondering if anyone got an update or any tips they would like to share. Couple of other guys and the boss is bringing his new boat so I am sure they will be a bit of competition going on.
    Thanks!

mojogunter

Last week wind blown shorelines in 10-13′ crawlers and leeches with spinners and live bait rigs put a lot of fish in the boat. Cranks didn’t do much.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

good to know, I’ll be in the area also tomorrow, spinners working better than plain with a couple beads?

Tim_C
    MN

The Chase is a very Nice Place to have a Work Seminar. We just got back From Leech Sat night. The Mayflies were Hatching and The fishing was good. We used Gold or Perch Spinners When the Wind Wasn’t Blowing to Get Fish. Rigging Chubs in 14-18′ Was the best for Us on Windy shoreline Breaks in South Walker Bay. But Casting Jig N Raps Put the most fish in the Boat the Entire Week.

Goodluck

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

The Chase is a very Nice Place to have a Work Seminar. We just got back From Leech Sat night. The Mayflies were Hatching and The fishing was good. We used Gold or Perch Spinners When the Wind Wasn’t Blowing to Get Fish. Rigging Chubs in 14-18′ Was the best for Us on Windy shoreline Breaks in South Walker Bay. But Casting Jig N Raps Put the most fish in the Boat the Entire Week.

Goodluck

All the above will work now if you chose to stay in walker bay. It all depends on the wind if its blowing shallow 8ft points will be good troll some #5 Shads.

Fathers Day with my son it was calm and I fished on the big lake reefs trolling spinners and crawlers in 14 to 17ft with a big bug hatch yet we brought four home left early to beat the heat at 2pm and have a fish fry. Released a 26″ a 23″ lost a big fish and had a loon try and eat my son 26″ fish. That was something to see. Also fish are burping crawfish so I used a hammered copper on one and a blue holo on the other spinner. Use your structure side scan look for rocks in that depth and game on. To troll these areas in the big lake it needs to be rather calm and you can work spots that go for a 1/2 mile nice run.

Good Luck
    Bob Auel

Attachments:
    1. Nate-walleyes.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.