learning a new language?

• craig s

Hey all,
    I’m interested in learning spanish.I know a couple phrases that I actually remember from high school but not enough to converse.
    Any suggestions? A class seems the best but I’m not sure what other options have worked for other people?

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I’m not anything like bilingual, but one tip I would suggest that helped me when in another part of the world trying to learn a rudimentary bit of another language is to find someone who also speaks it fluently that you can converse with in that language. It helped me greatly to be able to (try) to use the language in conversation instead of just learning the words.

craig s

Reverend, I agree,I work in the trades and bump into many Hispanic workers (at times) and would love to practice on them!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m not anything like bilingual, but one tip I would suggest that helped me when in another part of the world trying to learn a rudimentary bit of another language is to find someone who also speaks it fluently that you can converse with in that language. It helped me greatly to be able to (try) to use the language in conversation instead of just learning the words.

Not only that, but in many parts of the world the “proper” language taught in schools and classes differs greatly from the “street” language spoken most often.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I had 2 spanish speaking exchange students when in High School, they taught me quite a bit of spanish, but if I used it, I would be slapped or arrested today… redface

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.