Lead is Killing the Swans

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

All this poisoning and the population has quadrupled since 2009

That’s what I was saying in other threads. There is no threat to the bald eagle population here. Their population is at their highest its ever been. People think they are some kind of majestic, rare bird lol. They are scavengers and as numerous as crows in some areas.

As for the swans and loons, I can’t comment if their population has been increasing, decreasing, or is stable over the same period. Others have commented that they “see” swams on the regular, but that’s only anecdotal evidence. I see swans and loons too. That’s doesn’t mean their population as a whole is thriving.

FinnyDinDin

Swans were a very rare site to see when I started waterfowl hunting 30 years ago. I remember the first ones I saw as a kid and how cool and rare that was. Now the dam things are everywhere and their population estimates support that. I bet I saw more swans last season than Canada geese. Their population has skyrocketed and are a great success story coming back from the brink of extinction. There are states with swan seasons and I wouldn’t be surprised to see MN have one someday. The population could certainly support limited tags for hunting. Personally I don’t really have the desire to shoot one but I support a season for those that do.

Eagle populations have seen similar growth as swans. Loon populations are stable. Liberal tree huggers are trying to create a problem so they can make another ban. These are the same people that would like to see hunting go away.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.