Lead Core Rod Advice

• happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

So I have two Jason Mitchell 5′ shorties that I absolutely love for pulling lead core. I’d like to invest in a couple of telescoping 9′ rods for pulling lead and would love to hear your experiences. Any advice is very much appreciated…thanks! toast

Ryan

marendt
    Lake City, MN

I have the Scheels brand ones (Blue in color). Very nice for leadcore. You can read the tip very good and it really loads up when a fish hits. I have some eyecons, but prefer the Scheels ones.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I run the eagle claw starfire rods in 10′ length. I just break them in two if I need to.

If I had to go telescoping is use okuma deadeye in 8’6.

I have several of each and have ran lead on the dead eyes, just prefer the safer spread with the 10′ rods.

These are cheap rods that get the job done very well.

Pauleye
    Onamia

I run the eagle claw starfire rods in 10′ length. I just break them in two if I need to.

These are cheap rods that get the job done very well.

I’ve been using the same Eagle claw rods since the 80’s. They have never failed me on any species. Cheep and dependable!

Red Reno

I have/had the telescoping rods. I just purchased the 10′ 6 Jason Mitchell rods and absolutely love them. You can watch the action on the rods to see if there are weeds or the plugs are messed up. The Scheels Extreem rods are really nice but the handle on them is about 6 inches longer than the Jason Mitchell ones and I prefer the shorter handle so you aren’t hitting them when they are in the rod holder. I don’t think you can go wrong with either of them.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I prefer the shorter handle so you aren’t hitting them when they are in the

Git rid of them traditional rod holders and get some driftmasters

catmando
    wis

I use Mr walleye 9ft 6inch telescopic. they work fine for about everything, except they would be to light for big King salmon. my 2 cents. DK.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.