Lead core bite

• Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

Anyone having any luck on the basin/mud pulling lead yet? I was up last weekend with minimal results. I was a little surprised I didn’t have better luck with the water temps pushing past 70. Not looking for anybody’s spots or favorite lures, just a general report. I’ll be heading back up tomorrow to give it another try. Good luck to all out there!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Jason,

I’ve been traveling for work most of the past month so I haven’t had a chance to fish but I’m planning to be up there this weekend giving it a go and will report back on what I find.

Will

PS – the 5 words that I am expecting to put fish in my boat this weekend are “Purple Clown Flash Tail Dancer”

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Just got back from 3 days of fishing. I would bet that it should be in full swing. We were pulling blades on and around the mud and saw a ton of suspended fish over deep water close to structure. I didn’t roam out into no mans land, close to mud flats. Boy got this beauty just off the mud.

Attachments:
    1. image40.jpg

Jason_N

Thanks guys – I will post my findings as well. Looks like the weather will be perfect for it this weekend. Is it 5:00 yet?!? )

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Unfortunately I haven’t yet and I can’t make it this weekend, but will be up Wednesday with lead in hand. I tried for a little while with lead on the deep gravel about 2 weeks ago and never touched a fish, but water was in the low 60’s then. Should be go time for the big girls off the flats though. Good luck!

mojogunter

Anyone get out there today? Weather doesn’t great for tomorrow, but I am hoping to get out there.

mojogunter

I made it out today, but didn’t get out until 8:30, and fished until the rain came in about 1:30. Just found small walleyes. Live bait rigs were best. Tried cranks for a few hours, and only got one short. Went back to live bait rigs after cranks were a bust, and got on good numbers. The only problem was they were mostly 14-15″. Would have been much better most likely had there been at least a little wind. Dead calm out there after 10am.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

PS – the 5 words that I am expecting to put fish in my boat this weekend are “Purple Clown Flash Tail Dancer

Year in and year out, right Will?

Jason_N

I had the same results as mojogunter – all my fish came rigging. Only a few little mud-darts on cranks. Really is still a great rigging bite, lots of nice thick fish right on top of structure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.