Leach lake

• collin meier

I will be heading up to leach lake this coming g weekend and will be staying there for a week. I have never fished it before. So was wondering how the bites been and if anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction. I am staying in the walker area and would like to target walleye mostly, perch and crappie would be nice to get into also. Thanks in advance everyone!

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Check out walleye talk. it’s 2 guides out of walker that talk about walleye fishing and give highly detailed reports about what’s working for them. Here’s the link to this week’s episode, they post a new one every week!

mojogunter

Duck 2 was good to me last weekend. Leeches with a 10 Snell. Not on fire by any means but steady bite.

collin meier

Check out <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye talk. it’s 2 guides out of walker that talk about <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye fishing and give highly detailed reports about what’s working for them. Here’s the link to this week’s episode, they post a new one every week!

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe width=”850″ height=”400″ title=”What If… Walleyes by Walleye Talk” src=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?visual=true&url=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F636882171&show_artwork=true&maxwidth=850&maxheight=1000&dnt=1&#8243; frameborder=”no” scrolling=”no”></iframe></div>

that’s awesome thanks! I now have another podcast to listen to at work. lol

AnotherFisherman

Bite has been slow. Most people call it Leech Lake though coffee peace

Matt L
    Twin Cities

Jig n minnow bite was great last weekend. work deeper weed edges(14-18) and pitch away from the boat.

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

We just got back from a week at Sugar Point. We had some pretty good fishing.

Walleye limits could be had most days(finding the smaller fish took us a day or 2). It was a family trip so fishing was just part of the fun.

Sunfish were good but not great.

marbleeyes24 (Larry)
    Nevis

We had great luck working the 20-28′ wind blown break lines with perch colored #9/#11 floating Rapala’s on lead core and yellow Smile blades with crawlers the last 2 weekends. They are coughing up perch like crazy.

Most out there were still fishing shallow with us the only out deep at many points/breaks. It was SUPER windy the last couple of weekends with 3-5ft rollers so it could explain why.

Bartman

The bite is still very good. The minnow bite is over and leeches on rigs as well as bottom bouncing are working now. Weed flats south of Sand Point as well as West goose produce if there is some wind to work with.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.