Lax-15mt lorance sds cards

• Doug34
    Missouri

On the way to canada in 6 weeks…..fishing buddy bought a new boat to go and it has a Lorance system on board…..LMX-15mt…….he has a chip already but it is for local area…..so we are looking for info…..chips to buy……rent ….have for this system….did contact Lorance directly….they said the chips have been discontinued….any help would be appreciated ….thanks….Doug

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Where in Canada? You need the lotw/rainy lake chip, but that chip only covers about the lower half of the Canadian side. As far as other lakes, I don’t think there are too many with 1 foot contours. Also the x15 is a older unit and the lotw/rainy chip is newer and may not work in that unit. Somebody else may know for sure, try a post in the lowrance forum.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

@doug34

The chip you’re looking for has been out of production for quite some time now. It will be a bit of a challenge to find one to buy so I think I’d start on Ebay or maybe Craigslist. I did do a quick search on Ebay just to see what options were available and I didn’t find a single listing. That doesn’t mean one isn’t out there, I just didn’t find it.

Good luck. Finding a map chip for that unit will likely be more of a challenge than catching fish! That’s one “vintage” sonar unit.

Doug34
    Missouri

Thanks guys for the info….if you have any other info please send it along to me……Lorance services have been contacted ….the best they can do is say that it’s old…James….didn’t think of looking on Craigs list….good idea…….yea kinda thought this would be a challenge for us ….but must keep going…I’ll let you know how lake of the woods…..youngs bay is doing……..not that I look at it…puddle…that might be near where were at…..nestor falls….youngs wilderness camp.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.