Latest you've found Ticks?

• Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Had two ticks on me today after an hour walk in the woods putting out a trail camera. I kind of thought they would be done by now, what’s the latest anyone else has found a tick?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Good question as I was literally wondering the same thing today. I haven’t had any lately.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We had 5 on two dogs the other day. Normally they come out for a short time in the fall. Never had one on a dog in November that I can remember.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Took my pooch to the vet in April this year. She said with the mild winter they were finding ticks on pets all winter long. Grass and weeds showing so they didn’t go away all winter. Recommended giving Bravecto all year long. Dam things are getting worse every year it seems.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Recommended giving Bravecto all year long.

That’s why I was wondering. I think the pooch is due in November. Not sure if I should dose again or not. The stuff isn’t cheap.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Maybe it’s just around my house but regularly seeing 2-3 on the dog every day after she comes out of the tall grass. Out in full force around my house right now.

What’s odd is I didn’t find one tick from probably June until mid September on the dog. Bizzare.

haleysgold
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>haleysgold wrote:</div>
    Recommended giving Bravecto all year long.

That’s why I was wondering. I think the pooch is due in November. Not sure if I should dose again or not. The stuff isn’t cheap.

So what is more strange. I live in the country. All the pets the vet saw, live in town ! I give my dog the last dose of Bravecto in September. Town animals get more ticks in the winter. Vet said cuz it’s warmer and more exposed grass/weeds. Go figure.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I have been leaving the possums alone around my house and they are becoming more and more populated. I haven’t had a tick at home all year and I am in the woods/fields every day. They say a possum can eat up to 400,000 ticks a year per possum.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Want another, Sticker? rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Resized952017101295121920.jpg

haleysgold
    SE MN

Sticker r u serious?
    ?
    Have not heard that one before.

CaptainMusky

I have been leaving the possums alone around my house and they are becoming more and more populated. I haven’t had a tick at home all year and I am in the woods/fields every day. They say a possum can eat up to 400,000 ticks a year per possum.

I’ve read 4,000 to 5,000 per year. Either way, it seems they are a good combatant to ticks.

Reef W

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sticker wrote:</div>

I’ve read 4,000 to 5,000 per year. Either way, it seems they are a good combatant to ticks.

He was talking about a really fat one though lol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I got a good bump on my elbow where one latched on last Thur. Dang it.

Timmy

Deer ticks are active until snow….and then again until the next snow if the first snow melts. I hate em…

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

My son shot a small buck on rifle opener last year, ive never seen more deer ticks in my life. honestly, there was 100 plus crawling off him as we pulled the hide off.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Maybe it’s just around my house but regularly seeing 2-3 on the dog every day after she comes out of the tall grass. Out in full force around my house right now.
    What’s odd is I didn’t find one tick from probably June until mid September on the dog. Bizzare.

When they start to disappear in June is when the egg layers are dying after laying their eggs. Then after the first frost in late September the eggs hatch and you have the nymphal stage that is working over the warm flesh until the snow or frost is 4″ thick, according to my local vet.

Deer ticks are active until snow….and then again until the next snow if the first snow melts. I hate em…

Timmy, I can sit in the hordes of mosquitoes up here in the Northwoods at dusk until they go away with the proper repellent and not be bothered by the buzzing. I believe that I have chronic Lyme’s and because of that fact, if I could, I would burn every single one of them monkeybutts in spite!!! They are the only single bug that I feel this way about…

Mark

My son shot a small buck on rifle opener last year, ive never seen more deer ticks in my life. honestly, there was 100 plus crawling off him as we pulled the hide off.

Perch:

The 1st year Favre came back to GB as a Viking, my wife and I picked 76 ticks off my two Labs after an 1.5 hour walk in the woods. Thankfully, I had taped the game as we missed the almost the whole 1st half!!!

I haven’t seen ticks the whole year up here, but based on what I have learned about this particular tick is that I love snow on the ground!!!

Mark

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Found two deer ticks crawling on me Sun, Oct 22. Thankfully, not attached. Hoping is snows at the end of the week.

sticker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sticker wrote:</div>

I think BK posted something about it this spring and that is where I got the info, but I also found this on the WWW

Opossums have one very favorable trait: they eat ticks, up to 4,000 in a week, according to the Center for Biological Diversity.

sticker

Here is another one

Attachments:
    1. oppossum.jpg

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.