Late September Crappies and Bluegills (video)

• Frank Krajenka
    Houghton Lake Michigan

In this video I go after crappies and bluegills while fishing from my kayak on a reservoir in Northern Michigan.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Very nice. While I have my big Lund as it is sort of needed down by me, I love fishing out of my kayak when I can get to the right waters. We fish a lot a like… small light jigs, 1″ gulp minnows – pretty hard to beat. Wish I had more quite lakes like the one you are on in my area…. I would be out all the time. That early morning fog, flat water is beautiful.

There’s some racing I’m involved with up your way through the Range Snowmobile club…. been years since I’ve enjoyed the drive. Some fantastic country up there.

Frank Krajenka
    Houghton Lake Michigan

Thanks for the kind comment. This is my 30th season of kayak angling and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I only get in a power boat once or twice every few years. That particular lake I am on in the video is actually a quite large lake, with over 50 miles of shoreline, but it is long and narrow so there are times when it is flat calm. I don’t often fish it in the middle of the day during summer because it is over run with speed boats and other craft. Thanks again. Good luck, be safe,and happy fishing.

shockers
    Rochester

Great video! Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to try that surface technique you showed.

I had very good luck last month in northern Wisconsin on some similar water. Instead of bobber, I used a small jig tipped with a minnow, cast it out, and then slowly retrieved. Seemed to work great. But was tricky at times with the weeds.

Thanks again for sharing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.