Late night internet just cost me a bunch of money

• patk
    Nisswa, MN

No, get your head out of the gutter. My wife didn’t catch me looking at THOSE sites. However she didn’t see me ordering up a new Hbird 999ci hd si either devil

Debated this one for the last couple weeks and finally broke down. Sat here too long tonight looking at fishing stuff. Since I can’t go out, well I guess the next best thing is to buy stuff. Once it gets here then it’s time to start figuring out how/where I’m going to mount stuff. Should I sell my 2 year old 597ci hd di? Will put some cash back in the pocket and may help out on space. Should I keep it so I can have a map or DI on one and then SI and 2D displaying on the other?

At least I’ve got a small project to keep my mind busy until open water is in full swing.

Thanks to JoeMX1825 and all the others who’ve been posting over in the Humminbird section. Great info that helped me make the plunge on a high dollar purchase.

brad-o
    Mankato

Sell your 597 di and by the wife something. It should soften the blow when she finds out! I have been looking to did you get a good deal if, so where?

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Keep the 597. The extra screen is handy to have. You can run mapping, SI or DI and 2d sonar all at once. Or move the 597 to the bow if you fish from the bow.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I have a 999, and I mounted a 788 CIHD right next to it as my gps. Having the entire screen of the 999 for side imaging is a huge plus. It’s not that big of a screen, and if you want to see both side imaging and gps, having that split makes it harder to read fine detail.

I had to keep my side imaging at about 50′ each way in split screen to get decent detail. Now I run about 75′ so I can get a little wider range and good bottom detail. I hooked them up together so waypoints I mark on one, show up on the other, etc….

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Mount your 597 on the bow!

Only a 14ft tiller boat, pretty easy to see anything from anywhere. Thinking it’s not really needed. That and it was a year ago that I had the floor torn up. That would have been the real time to run extra wires.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Sell your 597 di and by the wife something. It should soften the blow when she finds out! I have been looking to did you get a good deal if, so where?

I like that one jester Not a bad suggestion. Greed will probably win out but will keep this one in the back pocket. I was laid up and didn’t spend any money downhill skiing this winter. That cash was burning a hole in my pocket.

Deals – check out the rebates from Hbird on different models
    http://www.universalmania.com is where I placed the order. This is my first time using them so I don’t know enough about them. I saw others here use them without issue so giving them a try.

I did find another site that was $50 cheaper. A couple years back I had a very painful online experience for a camera that makes me research first. Saw both good and bad comments but just didn’t have the comfort level to save a few bucks. site was http://www.extremenavigation.com and the research strongly indicated two other sites are run by the exact same people. http://www.digitaloasis.com and okefenokee.com. Anonymous internet users are only so trustworthy. I read a lengthy thread over on WC and had more trust those were real people. Some of it was kind but too much of it was not.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I took a chance with Extremenavigation for the added savings, they don’t answer their phone, but they do respond to left voicemails. I ordered a 999ci HD SI from them and they had it on my doorstep 5 days later…big sigh of relief…what’s strange is that it was ultimately delivered from TheDigitalOasis.com, so either it’s a sister site, or they get a distributor discount buying from them and pass a portion of it ($50 in this case) to the customer and keep the rest as a quick profit? All I know is I got my new 999ci HD SI for close to $1,000 after rebate…sweet!

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I have a 999, and I mounted a 788 CIHD right next to it as my gps. Having the entire screen of the 999 for side imaging is a huge plus. It’s not that big of a screen, and if you want to see both side imaging and gps, having that split makes it harder to read fine detail.

I had to keep my side imaging at about 50′ each way in split screen to get decent detail. Now I run about 75′ so I can get a little wider range and good bottom detail. I hooked them up together so waypoints I mark on one, show up on the other, etc….

this is what I did too. Don’t often need one at the bow so u bought just a second 700 size base and wired it in so I can pull the 788 head and put it up front when I want it.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

No, get your head out of the gutter. My wife didn’t catch me looking at THOSE sites. However she didn’t see me ordering up a new Hbird 999ci hd si either devil

Debated this one for the last couple weeks and finally broke down. Sat here too long tonight looking at fishing stuff. Since I can’t go out, well I guess the next best thing is to buy stuff. Once it gets here then it’s time to start figuring out how/where I’m going to mount stuff. Should I sell my 2 year old 597ci hd di? Will put some cash back in the pocket and may help out on space. Should I keep it so I can have a map or DI on one and then SI and 2D displaying on the other?

At least I’ve got a small project to keep my mind busy until open water is in full swing.

Thanks to JoeMX1825 and all the others who’ve been posting over in the Humminbird section. Great info that helped me make the plunge on a high dollar purchase.

its best to ask for foregivness then it is to ask for permission!! devil devil

dbright
    Cambridge

I took a chance with Extremenavigation for the added savings, they don’t answer their phone, but they do respond to left voicemails. I ordered a 999ci HD SI from them and they had it on my doorstep 5 days later…big sigh of relief…what’s strange is that it was ultimately delivered from TheDigitalOasis.com, so either it’s a sister site, or they get a distributor discount buying from them and pass a portion of it ($50 in this case) to the customer and keep the rest as a quick profit? All I know is I got my new 999ci HD SI for close to $1,000 after rebate…sweet!

I bought a 998 from digitoasis last spring for a very good price. It shipped from Florida and was delivered in 3 days.

wicathunter11
    Ferryville WI

“No, get your head out of the gutter. My wife didn’t catch me looking at THOSE sites. However she didn’t see me ordering up a new Hbird 999ci hd si either devil

Thanks to JoeMX1825 and all the others who’ve been posting over in the Humminbird section. Great info that helped me make the plunge on a high dollar purchase.”

I’ve been there man. Bought my HDS 8 late at night after a few adult beverages

brad-o
    Mankato

Thanks for the info. It just cost me two. There prices are hard to et with free shipping and no tax

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.