Last Ice Trophy Tullibees

• rjthehunter
    Brainerd

This will be either the last or second to last video from this ice season! Went out with a bang catching trophy Tullibee! Had a blast on the ice with Cody again! Share with your friends and Subscribe and like if you enjoyed it! Looking for open water but with this snowstorm coming today I’m not sure what’s going to happen for this weekend… Looks like it might get cold enough to refreeze the shorelines to get back out for another go around!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I was unaware the words “trophy” and “tulibee” went together. lol nice fish.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That’s hilarious. I was thinking the exact same thing. YouTube views depends on “epic” titles.

tim hurley

Would’nt want to swim in those waters.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Wade Boardman wrote:</div>

That’s hilarious. I was thinking the exact same thing. YouTube views depends on “epic” titles.

I would tend to disagree with that to a certain degree… While you can name your video something stupid to get people to click on it, I would say this is far from the case. I challange you to catch a tullibee over 17″ which is considered a master angler in Minnesota. State record is 21.5″ and we had 1 fish that was pushing 21.75, so while there is some truth to the good title equaling many views, this isn’t the case. If you listen closely I mention in the video, if you know, you know. I’m referring to the tullibees which I’d guess 80% of people have never targeted. I’ve caught hundreds and hundreds of panfish this winter and like to spice things up. Bigger and much harder fighting fish when walleye and pike are closed, this is the next best thing for anyone whose looking for a challenge.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

When you’re pulling in 17″+ length of Tullibees, those are trophy’s. When these fish hit that 20″+ marks, that’s a lot of awesome meat one can fillet from them.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

When you’re pulling in 17″+ length of Tullibees, those are trophy’s. When these fish hit that 20″+ marks, that’s a lot of awesome meat one can fillet from them.

We smoked these! Good fish to smoke.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.